Chapter 2

Carson's Climb

*Ring*

I looked up as the bell rang, the class got up at once rushing towards the door. "Hey Carson!" Kai, my best friend since the first grade said from the door. I grabbed my school bag and walked over to him. "Hey." I said, before he slapped me on the shoulder and gave me a wide grin.

"So, you know that new kid?" Kai said, as he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and texted somebody back. I looked at my hands, my knuckles white. "Yes."

Channing. The jacket read across the back.

"Yo! Carson!" I looked up, his face was blank and had a hint or worry. "You okay man?" he said resting his hand on my shoulder. "Yeah" I looked up at him. The memories coming back, I looked at the floor and continued to walk. We walked outside and to his car and he unlocked the doors, we got in and began to drive out of the school parking lot.

We parked outside Kai's house in no time, getting out we went inside and threw ourselves down on the couch. While I turned on the T.V. I heard Kai grab his phone and dial a number. "Hello? Hey I would like to order two of your large pizza's one sausage and one cheese...Yes that's me thanks!" Kai hung up the phone and looked over at me. "I ordered pizza" was all he said, with a grin on his face. I smirked back at him, "I know." I stated with a tone of sarcasm.

Two Hours Later.

I woke up, my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out, moving Kai's head from my leg, noticing he was sprawled out over the other half of the couch, a half-eaten piece of pizza on his chest. The screen said Mom. I swiped to the right answering the call. "Yeah M..." I sat upright immediately. On the other end of the phone I heard mumbling, "Don't come Carson. Don't listen to him come on baby. Don't do it." It was my mother's voice in the background, and by the echo of her voice, she's in a basement or large room surrounded in stone. "Carson. It's been a long time buddy." The man said. I turned and shoved Kai, causing him to fall off the couch. Kai looked at me still groggy, "Dude..." He said, noticing my face. "If you touch her. I swear..." I said, the man cut me off. "Carson. Your threats are meaningless." He said, his voice thick and full of hate. "You know what I want. Isn't it about time you give me what I want." He said.

I stood, grabbing the keys to Kai's car and Kai by the collar of his shirt, throwing him to the passenger side and hopping in the driver's, I started the car, 2015 Dodge Challenger smoke grey in color. I reversed out of the drive way and slapped the gear into drive and raced down the street leaving marks from burning rubber. I dropped my phone in my lap.

[�ɽX���