Chapter 42

Brenna's POV

Todays the big day...

I'm flying to Seattle for PAX Prime. This summer has been great for my YouTube channel. Even after Will and I broke up and I quit the cube, back in April, my channel has been growing exponentially. The fans have been begging me to go to PAX. Im nearing 200,000 subscribers which is insane and seems impossible how it happened in only a few months.

Even though I had the money, I really didn't want to go to PAX. I love my fans and all but I didn't want to see him. Our breakup was civil and we both handled it very well. I knew he would have to go back to England and we weren't going to see each other often. Long distance relationships are a pain in the ass. I learned that from his trip to LA for a week. I swear he doesn't know how to pick up a goddamn phone. When he got back from that trip I had to end it. He completely lost interest in me and we came to a mutual agreement that we should end it.

I might not run into Will there because everyone under the sun goes to those conventions. I don't plan on going to the cube meet up so running into him shouldn't  be a problem. It would be so awkward if we even made eye contact. I'm hosting a separate meet up with a few YouTuber friends I met after quitting the cube.

Katie has a little 500,000 subscribers and she lives in Portland so she'll be attending. She's using the meet up as a way of celebrating 500k although she'd rather have a meet up with puppies. Atlas is a smaller YouTuber with a larger than life personality.  She deserves more than her 30k subscribers. She lives in the middle of fucking nowhere. Somewhere in Montana. I guess going on the internet is the only thing to do there. She's sent me pictures and it's gorgeous but I could never live there. Flynn is another one of my close internet friends that will be attending the meet up. He is nearing a million subscribers. His channel is called Flynntandsteel. He's fucking hilarious and we share dozens of inside jokes. I'm most excited to meet him. He lives in Providence, RI.

Katie, Atlas, Flynn, and I have a modded survival let's play series, a mini game series, and a skyblock series. I have felt closer to this group of friends than I ever did to the cube. I loved the cube but there was too much damn drama and no matter how hard I tried to fit in I was always treated as a fan. I don't keep up with them anymore because it reminds me too much of Will. It's best to stay away.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. I roll my eyes and pick up my phone. It's too early for social interaction.

"Yo Flynn, what's up?" I use the phone call as an excuse to get out of bed and head downstairs for breakfast.

"Aren't you fuckin' pumped? We're gonna meet today!" Flynn nearly shouts. That woke definitely woke me up.

I put a piece of bread in the toaster "hell yeah it's gonna be lit!" I cringe a little at how stupid my response is. I need some sleep I couldn't sleep last night. I was worried that I might see him. I was busy brainstorming what I would say if we crossed paths again.

"I still need to pack. We're only there for a week right?" I hear shuffling through the phone. He's probably just now starting to pack.

"It's Wednesday and we're leaving Tuesday so yeah a little under a week," I say.

"Well I gotta go or I'll miss my flight. See you later."

The way Flynn said "see you later" was so casual but it was enough to put a smile on my lips. That's one thing he's never said to me before.  It's surreal to be meeting someone in person I'm so close with online. Yeah, sure I've met the cube but I never had a close relationship with them I was just a fan.