Scars

Leah put more bandages on her arms. She had made her home from a shack at the edge of her village.

No one there loved her. She was ugly, and unwanted. No one even helped her when the zombie apocalypse attacked the village, even though her home was often attacked first for it being isolated. Which is why she became the best fighter in the village for having the most practice, but became uglier and uglier with the increase of scars.

She wanted to leave the awful place she called home. She wished to find love.

But one night, her life changed forever when the zombies came.

-----------

"Help! Let me in!" She bagged on the door of the town church. The zombies had knocked down her door, because she had been unprepared. She had been asleep and had only woken up when a zombie slashed her face.

"No! Get out of here, Leah!" The keeper said. The growling got louder and louder. She braced herself, and turned around to see a single zombie. She drew her sword, but it did not come closer. It just stood there, in the moon light.

But then it started to walk to her. It moaned, and she was about to hit it when it stopped right in front of her.

It put its hand up to her face... And stoked it.

"What?!" She threw his hand away, but he brought his hand back to her face. He wiped away the dripping blood from her slash.

"What?" She whispered screamed.