Infection

Night fell, and she ran back to her village. She wouldn't fight tonight. She didn't know if she would ever fight again. She didn't even know what to do now.

She sat on her bed, and looked down. She was greeted by a horrific sight. Her arm.. It was turning green.

"What's happening!?" She screamed.

------------

"What's happening?!" She yelled to the zombie. It was moring, and she had ran to him for an answer.

"You're... You're being infected."

"What?!" She shuck back in horror.

"The zombie that slashed you on your face... It was infected."

"So?!"

"It began to heal, but when I kissed you...."

"What's going to happen to me?!"

"If you stay with me anymore, you will..." He looked down. "Turn into a zombie... IF you live."

She began to cry. It was between love or life. But then question rose into her head.

"Why did you ever take me? Why did you not kill me?"

"You looked..." He stopped.

"Like a zombie?!" Was she that ugly? Hatred filled her heart. Hatred filled herself. She had once had a sister. Her name was Rachel. But her ugliness forced Rachel to banish her from their home. The villagers would have never accepted her if they knew, so she just said she grew up in the wilderness.

Oh, the hatred. She wished she could find....

"If I turn to a zombie or even DIE.." She walked closer to him. "...Just to find love...." She kissed him, and smiled. "So be it."