Chapter 7 ~Magic Magic~

'And just like this I got every single thing, that ever appeared in my dreams

But still I felt so incomplete- there is one more thing that's missing

And it is something only you can give - a special type of "magic"

Now let's promise... ("Don't let go of my hand") "Won't you please stay here with me-"'

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Leave?!" I worried. This just couldn't be possible! How and why? Why did all the good things in life have to leave me!? WHY!? Tadashi placed a hand on my shoulder which caused me to look at him directly.

I didn't want to. I felt betrayed and somehow he knew what i felt to. "If i truly betrayed you then why would i attempt to make you happy?" Tadashi pointed out, catching me off guard. 

"Why do you have to go?" I whispered, tears forming in the corners of my eyes. "You're my first and only friend!"

"It's complicated... remember this morning when i said  i would explain everything all in good time?" He asked. i frowned.

"This morning? What do you mean? it's still..." My eyes wandered to a  clock on the wall "5:30?! I don't-"

"Time flies when you have fun eh?" Tadashi cut me off, smiling sadly. I whipped my head around to look at him and then back at the clock. 

"It's been... hours?" I whispered. Tadashi sighed and closed his eyes.

"It's complicated so listen carefully... i think i should start at the beginning..." He muttered.

"The...beginning?" I questioned him curiously.

He nodded. "The beginning...before i gained magical powers." He explained...

"There was a time before you had powers?" I asked. He nodded his head once more.

"It was at night... My brother was at a showcase to get into a prestigious school...we were all proud of him you know... he did amazing, but then, something exploded in the showcase hall... we were all outside luckily...except for one of our professors..." Tadashi trailed off.

My eyes widened. "Your brother ran in the building? He didn't... he didn't die?" I gasped. Tadashi shook his head.

"No...no, no... it was me who went into the building..." Tadashi said. I frowned in confusion. 

"Did you find your professor?" I asked. Tadashi shook his head.

"He escaped..."

"Well that's good..." I stated. "Lucky you made it out to!" I  cheered. That's when Tadashi went quiet. He stared at his hands in his lap for a good 5 minutes, as each second passed, an eerie feeling grew in my gut.

"That's the thing..." Tadashi said slowly. I looked at him as he revealed the horrifying truth...

"I never made it out"

I went silent. He never made it out... He had DIED in the building. That guy opposite me was dead... no wonder all these unexplainable things were happening... a spirit... a ghost...a magical being was behind all of it!

My brain just whizzed through everything, it was a blur and made my head hurt which Tadashi helped ease by calming me down.

I shook my head. "Ghost, spirit-what ever you call yourself or not, i don't want you to leave!" I insisted. "You are still my friend no matter what! If you were my friend before i knew this...you can still be my friend after!" I reasoned.

"It's not that i don't want to stay..." Tadashi explained. "I just physically can't stay. i use magic to open the mirror portal but i'm running out...It's a little hard to explain but after death... depending on your life decisions, you can receive a special set of powers. After receiving them, you have to full fill your life goal before you can finally rest..." Tadashi explained.

"So...why choose me?" I asked. Out of the millions of people in the world, he choose the weird girl! The freak girl the-

"Why?" Tadashi asked. i fell silent. "Well..." I waited for an answer.

"Because you remind me so much of my brother... the only girl to ever do that since the incident..." Tadashi explained. "And honestly, you have made me feel so happy." My eyes widened. No...this wasn't possible...this wasn't real..

I shook my head. "I felt happy to..." i admitted, feeling my face heat up in the process... Was  i...blushing?!

Now wasn't the right time!