Chapter 1

Dead is uneventful, dead is desire, and dead is immortal. Therefore Violet is sitting in her bed with headphones on as she listens to Nirvana. "Violet!", she hears through Kurt Cobain's voice. "Coming!", she shouts back and closes her book taking her headphones out. She walks down the stairs a bit annoyed and enters the kitchen.

"What?" She asks with a bored expression. Violet knows there could never be anything interesting or fun that could happen in this boring afterlife she is living in. So she doesn't bother acting the least of interested in what her parents have to say.

"I heard Marci on the phone, a new family is coming to look at the house and we're going to have to-" Her dad almost finished.

"Yeah, we're going to scare them and make them leave. Can I go now ?" She asks rolling her eyes. Her mom and dad turn and look at each other with stress. Stress to see their daughter always have that bored look on her face, to see that nothing will take that look off, not even this news or anything for that matter, and the fact they can't do anything about it.

"Sure," They both answer in a quiet voice. With the dismissal she goes back up to her room, and as she walks up the stairs she hits someone's shoulder. Her eyes look up only to find chocolate brown ones that she immediately recognizes as Tate's.

"Hey," he greets shyly. She looks down and walks  faster past him without saying a word. As soon as she shuts her bedroom door, she turns her back to the door and slides down holding her knees up to her chest. Violet squeezes her eyes shut to try and forget the pretty chocolate eyes that haunted her. A tear rolls down her cheek and she quickly wipes it away. Tate usually stayed in the basement sulking everyday and cried until he fell asleep, and rarely was seen by anyone especially Violet, so it got to her. She needed to move on from Tate Langdon. Tate Langdon, the boy who broke her trust and heart, and the boy who she missed very dearly. It had been several years after she told him to go away and they had their last goodbye, and even if Violet could not love him the same or as much Violet never stopped loving him. She did indeed hate him but she could never stop loving him either, no matter how much she tried, which she also hated about him.

        A few hours later, the noise of the house door opening and a lot of foot steps echoes through the house. Violet comes down the stairs slowly and carefully knowing it was Marci and the new family. There is a woman, a man, and a young girl. The girl has pale skin and her hair is somewhat short, neat, and brown. Her eyes were composed of the colors Hazel, Green, Grey and a bit of a deep Blue; they are dazzling. The girl was beautiful and had a nice figure as well, Violet is observant of all of this. She then realizes she's not the only one, everyone else is down stairs as well, all observing the new family too with the exception of Tate, who cares, she thinks. Because she's not supposed to care about that
disgusting boy who raped her mother.