4. Sneak-in

Hope you like.

Something's wrong. Definitely wrong.

Why was there a closet full of pictures of Gisele?

You exited and headed straight towards your car.

Opening the driver's door, you made a decision.

You'll get your answers.

They want to hide secrets?

Fine.

Too bad they're dealing with you.

As the night approached, you had parked far enough to not be seen. You were waiting for the lights of the lobby to turn off.

Your plan?

Sneak in.

Of course, pretty sure that's illegal. But you had contacted the police earlier for them to research the Mental Institution, instead of cooperating, they laughed once they heard it was to help the patient Gisele Payne, or, as they referred to her, 'The Crazy one'. You tried to at least get a warrant, but they didn't allow it.

So, you went with plan B.

Get evidence.

This was your first time trespassing. You got nervous.

You have to be careful.

Suddenly, your phone went off. A text message.

Hey! Don't give me the silent treatment! 

-Zeke

As you were about to reply, your phone froze. Turning it off, and then on, it still wouldn't work. You sighed.

You need a new cell phone.

The lights went off.

It's time.

Placing your phone back, you vigilantly got out of the car. Heart thundering in your chest.

Low, you sprinted towards the entrance. Pressing yourself against the wall, you carefully peeked through the window to make sure no one was there.

Carefully, you opened the window, slid quietly inside, then softly closed it.

You squatted and made your way towards the receptionist's desk. Quickly searching the drawers for a paper that might indicate Gisele's room.

As you shifted through the papers, you froze at hearing footsteps. They're getting louder and louder.

Slightly panicking, you reorganized the papers, closed the drawers and hid under the desk. You tried silencing your breathing.

The tapping of heels against the smooth floor echoed across the lobby. Soon stopping near the desk.

The nurse.

She seemed to be looking for something.

Feminine legs came into your view as she pulled away the chair in front of you. Horrified since it used to help as cover.

"I know you're down there..."

As she started bending down and your heartbeat accelerating...

THUMP!

The nurse stopped. Then placed the chair back and made her way giggling to what had sounded like a door closing.

Realizing your chance, you searched once more in the drawers as quickly as possible.

The nurse was exposing her legs. Is that kind of dressing allowed?

You spotted Gisele's name. Room #1.

You've seen that door. It's located just next to this lobby, in the main room.

Hurriedly, you organized everything once again.

Taking a deep breath, you crawled towards the door.

Leaning against the wall, you prepared yourself.

Okay...1...2...

The door suddenly opened. A guard headed towards the entrance to leave.

You caught the door, checked if no one followed, and went in.

The main room was dark as well. Luckily no one was there.

You got up steadily and sprinted towards the door you remember held a #1 on it.

The cold door knob in hand, you gently twisted it to not make any loud noise. Peeking inside, there she was, Gisele. She sat on her bed, looking at her surroundings in a daze.

You quickly entered, carefully closing the door behind you.

As you turned around, Gisele caught sight of you and a smile plastered her face. Eyes glittering in happiness. "(Y/N)!!!!"

You pressed your index finger over your mouth as a sign of silence. She gasped and nodded.

As you came close to her, you stopped aghast.

Gisele had chains on her wrists. You followed where it was connected to.

The bed.

"Gisele." You whispered. "Why are you chained to the bed?"

"To not escape (Y/N)."

"They can use handcuffs...and that's IF you're violent and dangerous...this is wrong."

"(Y/N) you shouldn't be here."

"Gisele, I'm here to help you." As you began to take out your phone, people could be heard from outside.

Footsteps making their way towards the room you're in.

"(Y/N)!!!" Gisele loudly whispered. She pointed towards what seemed a closet. "Go!"

Without thinking twice, you ran and hid inside.

Just in the nick of time, the door opened.

Please vote or comment. *peace †