Chapter 6: Asking

Katniss' POV

When I told the group that Peeta and I were dating thy just cheered. Apparently thy were waiting for it to happen.

This weekend, there is a school dance. Finnick already asked Annie, Cato already asked Clove, Gale already asked Johanna, and Marvel already asked Glimmer. Peeta hasn't asked me yet and I'm starting to get a little worried. Does he still love me? Does he even like me at all?

Annie, Clove, Johanna, and Glimmer are sitting at lunch when my worst enemy walks up.

Delly Cartwright

Ever since I started dating Peeta, she has been super jealous and rude to me. She glares at me and says

"How could Peeta ever like you? Your fat, ugly and a failure."

I'm really sensitive about that kind of stuff. I'm about to answer and Peeta comes up behind her and says

"She is not! She is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. She is super smart and talented. Any guy in the entire world we be so so lucky to have her and I can't believe I have the privilege to love her."

I start to tear up. He pauses for a second and continues

"Katniss Everdeen, would you go to the dance with me?" He asks

I stand up and crash my lips into his like we are the only two people in the world.

"Of corse." I answer with a huge smile on my face

We kiss again and everyone in the cafeteria cheers. Delly just flips her blonde hair and stomps off.

During lunch, the girls talk about how we are going to go shopping for our dresses after school. The guys beg us to let them come with but we don't let them.

"ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A SURPRISE." All the girls yell.

"Okay, okay." They finally agree

After school, Peeta gives me a kiss before I get into the car with the girls to go to the mall.

I hope I find the perfect dress for the perfect dance.