o1.

She's wearing a purple dress today. With the seams coated with gold glitter and her hair tucked into a perfect bun. My head tilts in fascination, watching as her legs glide perfectly on the marbled floor. Her eyes are gazing at the man whose composure is doubled over, whose hair is slicked back and whose stomach bulges at the top of his grey pants.

  I don't understand her interest in a man who's eyes are averted to her chest rather than her eyes. Who pays attention to the slit on her dress where her warm legs demand attention.

  "Eric Bradshaw, proud member of  Bradshaw Discover Inc." I shake the elder's hand, who happens to be my father's great companion. "And proud son of David Bradshaw of course," I smile.

  The man's grip on my hand tightens as he searches my eyes. "Your father is a great man. I heard he wanted to discuss business Friday afternoon, join me to talk details?"

  My eyes flicker to Serena, whose fiancé guides her back to their situated table.

  "Of course," I nod, not releasing my friendly smile.

  With a rough pat on my back, Welsh leads us to the front table and releases a long breath as he lowers himself on his seat.

  "Tell me Eric Bradshaw, what are you doing here?"

  My eyes stray away from Welsh and land on Serena. She sips on her glass of wine and plays with the diamond ring on her finger. "To talk business with you, Welsh. My father couldn't make it, sadly."

  He looks down at his plate of food while unwrapping the tissue with utensils. "I simply came here to accept your offer, Eric Bradshaw."

  Looking at him for a split moment, I contemplate how to reduce his share in profit. My mind retracts to the discussion we had last night about our decline in profit. He could've sent my sister to do the negotiating, but thought I was more persuasive.

  "Ulysses Welsh, it is an honor to do business with you as always," I lift my glass of wine to his and take a long, overdrawn sip. "But, we must compromise money of course?"

  "Ah yes, the money," he sips his wine, "How much will we recieve per year, Eric?"

  I look at him with an authoritative glow, which causes his composure to straighten. "Two point three million, tracking our recent sales, of course. Although, there is one minor problem."

  Ulysses Welsh's expression almost makes me laugh. One tiny complication causes his world to go wild. "What is it?"

  "The majority of money will be spent on renovations in our establishment in France-"

  "How much of it?" Ulysses face falls at the sight of his money declining, which makes this situation all the more entertaining.

  "Three-hundred thousand, Welsh."

  With the shake of his head, his eyes search into mine once again. "One would be foolish to turn down this offer, Eric Bradshaw," his expression remains the same, "But considering this partnership, I will resume."

  My grin widens as I take a sip of my wine. I turn to look at Serena once again, who's eyes are now looking at mine. My grin falters and my heart thumps against my chest. She hoists her glass of wine and tilts her head to the main door, gesturing me to follow her. Looking away, my eyes land on Ulysses Welsh, who awaits my response.

  "That's good news, Welsh. We'll meet again on Friday. My father will be joining us then," with an excuse me, I stand and button my tuxedo jacket, and involuntarily moving my legs to the main door where Serena has slipped through a moment ago.

  Prying the door open, I look around for Serena. Deciding on left, I make my way through another door into a dark room.

  "Serena?" I say, shivering from the cool air escaping from the window, the only occupant of light.

  I hear movement in front of me, then see her flicking on the lights beside me.

  "Eric Bradshaw," she says, moving in front of me and crossing her arms, "What business do you have with my father?"

  I look down at her brown, delicate eyes and smile. "We have a partnership, Serena Welsh."

  "My father is not in a stable condition, Mr. Bradshaw."

  "Well, how does that come between our business, Serena?"

  She shakes her head. "Are you too selfish to see the struggle he has when he tries to sit down, the limp in his step when he walks? Or is everything just money to you?"

  "I wasn't the one demanding the partnership, Serena."

  "You should've turned him down, or-"

  "Serena," I say, noticing her change in mood and the gloomy expression on her face. I get an urgent tick to touch her hand, but decide against it as she steps closer to me.

  "We used to be close, Eric. Please understand to take it easy on him. Please, Eric."

  Defeated by the look of worry on her face, my heart seems to ache in my chest. "Of course, Serena. Even though it pains me that we aren't as close anymore."

  She hears my hoarse voice and looks up at me. "Not after what you did. Take it easy on him, or I'll make your life a living hell."

  The once sentimental eyes turn to  deeply outraged ones. She takes a step back and massages down the sides of her purple dress.

  "Have a nice day, Eric. Kevin awaits me," she smiles and exits the room.

  The sound of her fiancé's name causes anger to boil in my veins. Accepting defeat, I regain myself and exit the room.

***

A/N

  Hey guys, thank you for reading. I'm extremely excited to write this book, only because it's something I've never written before. Please support me by voting and commenting :)

  -Xx_Sabrina_x