Chapter 5: Sober Thoughts

Harry

My vision is blurred and my entire body is impaired as I stumble through the mass of intoxicated bodies. I never liked it here. If I told someone how I dreaded these gatherings, no one would ever believe me.

The door handle feels so cool against my warm hands. They say that alcohol warms you. And if that's true then, shit I'm heated.

I hate being alone while I'm this wasted. I reach in my pockets as I lean against some random building and grasp the iPhone that feels like putty in my hand and it easily slips onto the concrete, causing a loud crash. I giggle and pick it up, relieved that a crack is not covering the screen.

I stumble more until reaching the girls dorms, I spent a lot of my time here. These desperate girls crave my attention and sometimes even fight over it, it's actually quiet amusing. None of them are any different, it's like they were all created as clones of each other. So I get bored pretty easily, with no surprises or spontaneity, could you blame me?

I take a final stride against the door of room four, taking in a deep breath in the hope that it will sober me up a little. Who am I kidding, I'm as drunk as a sailor. I laugh furiously at my joke, clutching the doorframe to hold myself up. I quickly slip off and land directly on my ass, causing me to laugh even louder.

Rae

I wake up to the sound of a thud and extremely loud laughter. I throw on a random robe from my neatly organized closet and swing my door open to reveal no other than, Harry Styles lying on my doormat.

"Caroline, sweet Caroline." He slurs.

"Are you drunk, Harry?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Noooo, if I were drunk then could I do this?" He makes a bird shape with his hands, making him laugh even more.

"Ugh." I sighed. "Come in."

"Yay, slumber party." He grabbed my ankles to help himself up.

"Harry, quiet down. Your gonna get us both in trouble."

"Oh, okay." He whispers, putting his pointer finger on his mouth. His eyes are wide and his usually pale cheeks are flushed. Harry's drunk state is actually very adorable, it resembles a three year old boy with a sugar high. I close the door behind him as he rushes in, clanking each heel against the carpeted flooring.

He suddenly snatches one of my slippers from my foot and places it on his head.

"Now we are SOLE MATES!" He screams.

"Shhh." I place my finger on his mouth and he gives it a light butterfly kiss.

"But do you get it, do you get my joke?" He silently speaks in my ear.

"Yes, I get it." I release a light yawn.

"You are so beautiful, Caroline." He blurts, with a wicked smile.

"Harry, your drunk. You don't know what your saying." I plopped down on my large bed, sinking slowly in the soft mattress.

"Haven't you ever heard the saying, 'drunk words are sober thoughts'" He spoke before sprawling on my bed, directly on top of me.

"Your heavy, I can't breath." I exclaimed.

He mimicked me by putting his finger on my mouth. "Shh."

"But Ha-" He cut me off. "Shh."

I rolled my eyes and shifted which made him clutch onto me like a teddy bear and would not let me budge. His light snores shockingly comforted me and soon my eyes felt droopy and my numb body drifted.

-------------------------------

"Harry." I said, waking up in Harry's tight grip.

"Hmm?" He pulled tighter.

"Harry, let me go." I wiggled, with no avail.

"No, go back to sleep." He whispered.

I sucked in a breath and pinched his side, causing him to flail his arms.

"Wake up!" I yelled.

"Oh man, my head feels like shit." He put his hands over his eyes to avoid the sunlight peeping through the partly open window.

"Here." I passed him an Advil and a cup of water from the kitchen and he eagerly grabbed it.

"Thanks." He swallowed the pill and stared intently at me.

"Can I help you?"

"Did anything happen last night, like between us?"

"No, do you think that I'm stupid?" I sat on Tris' swirly chair, I wonder where she was.

"Why would it be stupid?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because, Harry." I simply replied.

"Because what?" He stood up, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Because I'm not that type of girl?"

"What type of girl?" He interrogated.

"The type of girl that does one night stands, the type that pines over someone who doesn't give a shit about them. Like the types of girl that you throw away every day."

"I didn't say-" I cut him off. "Forget it."

We were both alarmed by a knock on the door. "It's 9 in the morning, nothing's gonna happen if someone sees me here." He clarified.

I opened the door and saw Niall standing alone in the hallway with two coffee cups in his hands.

"Morning." He passed me a cup, with the strong scent of green tea.

"You didn't have to do this." I placed my hand on my hip.

"I wanted to." He pecked my cheek.

"Aw, you shouldn't have." Harry snatched the other cup out of Niall's hand, taking a deep gulp from it.

"Harry." I warned.

"What is he doing here?" Niall glared, sizing Harry up with his eyes.

"Leaving." I said.

"What, the party just stared." Harry laid back down on the bed, taking small sips from the cup.

"And you weren't invited." I countered.

"Is anyone ever really invited to parties?"

"Yes, and you weren't so bye." I tried to push him, but he stood still refusing to budge.

"Just leave, Harry." Niall spoke up.

"Only if she truly wants me to, do you want me to leave Caroline?" His forest green eyes were fixated on mine.

"Please leave, Harry." I looked down at my toes, I couldn't look at him directly in the eyes as I spoke.

"Sure." He turned on his heel. "Oh and Neil." Niall looked up.

"Ask her about children's day."