I. Oxytocin

Alice Hale's grey eyes were fixated on the ground below her, a docile smile gracing her lips as she crouched beside the lone, blush colored flower growing from the forest floor in the Beacon Hills Preserve.

Her slender fingers brushed gently across its petals, the silky feel igniting a sense of peace throughout her.

Softly, she plucked the flower from its home, twirling it around by the stem as she brought it up to her nose to smell.

Her head cocked to the side as her ears were met with the faint echo of someone shouting in pain, and she remembered her reasoning for the trek into the woods.

She continued down her path, faltering slightly as she noticed the lack of chirping birds in her surroundings.

She stopped only when she reached the decrepit remains of the Hale house, her house.

Her eyes took in the charred remains, distant memories knocking at the door of her fore-frontal thoughts.

She squeezed her eyes shut, forcing her desire for anamnesis to lock itself back into the box of unhappy thoughts that lay deep in her subconscious.

Her lashes fluttered as she resumed her mission, timidly traipsing up the stoop and to the newly painted red door that separated her from her older brother.

She pushed open the entrance, the object harboring no resistance to her attempts, and poked her head inside.

Fully entering the home, she took in the sight of her brother Derek leaning over an unconscious, sweaty male sporting two black bands on his muscular arm.

Beside them, a boy clad in a flannel ran a hand through his hair, muttering to himself about 'freaking werewolves'.

In the next room, a teenage boy lay stationary upon a table, his limbs strewed limply on the surface and his eyelids showing themselves to the world.

She didn't have to take another step before her brother stiffened, sniffing the air wildly before turning around to meet her gaze.

"Alice?" his brows furrowed as he took in the sight of his smiling baby sister.

A giggle bubbled over her lips as she raced forward, throwing herself into his arms. He immediately wrapped her up within his arms, holding on tightly to the only kindred family he still possessed.

"I missed you, Der," she grinned, placing a chaste kiss on his stubble covered jaw -as she couldn't reach his cheek- and giggling as her lips met the roughness of his face.

"What are you doing here?" Derek looked at her in concern, "Is everything alright? I told you not to come to Beacon Hills."

"Who's this?" she evaded the question, her tranquil smile not faltering for even a second as she turned her attention to the pale boy with the beauty marks kissing the skin of his neck, who was attempting to both glare suspiciously at her and look at her with wide eyes at the same time, leading to a bugged expression and a whole lot of twitching.

"Who, me?" the boy pointed to himself, "Me is Stiles- I mean, I am Stiles. Who are y-,"

Stiles' questioning was cut off as the air left his body, not so much from force as from surprise as the short, dark-haired girl wrapped her thin arms around him, snuggling her head into his chest with a serene smile.