Love Seeds

Charles was on his bed, curled up in his big Gandalf hat and a blue cloak. His wet with tears blue eyes were staring blankly at the wall and quiet sighs escaped his mouth every now and then.

He heard the key at the front door and curled up under the blanket even more. He knew who it was – his sister Raven. He knew what she wanted – to nag at him for staying home on a Saturday night, depressed about Scott dumping him. It's been two months and she believed it was time he stopped whining about it.

Charles closed his eyes in hope that when she notices this, she'd leave him alone and give up cheering him up already. However, Raven wasn't one to give up so easily.

"Charles, get up, get dressed and get laid!" Raven announced, barging into his room. "And don't pretend you're asleep because I'll throw that hat away and burn it! Seriously, what's with you and Gandalf!?"

Charles groaned. "Raven, can't you just leave me alone?"

"No." she shook her head and opened his wardrobe "Hmm, your clothes are weirder than your hat. What are you, 80?" She rolled her eyes at Charles but then noticed the melancholic expression of his face and sighed. "You don't really miss him, Charles." she said tentatively "You miss the good times you had with him. But it wasn't all good, was it?"

Charles frowned. She actually had a point. He had good times with Scott, especially when they were at that observatory. Charles loved the fun facts about astronomy that he learned there that day. Come to think of it, most of the good memories with Scott didn't really include Scott. Something to think about.

Charles sat up and looked up at Raven. She chuckled "Told you I'm magic." She grinned "Now let's get you dressed and force you to have fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven took him to a club. A club of all places! Charles had to roll his eyes like a million times.

"How is this fun, Raven? You know clubs aren't exactly my thing." he mumbled grumpily

"You're adorable!" she smiled at him "But trust me, I have a plan. We need to get Scott completely out of your mind so I was thinking—"

"No! Raven, no!" Charles was red as a tomato from embarrassment.

"I didn't even say what I was thinking!" Raven protested

"I'm not hooking up with a random stranger in a bar!" Charles blurted out, which caused a few random strangers standing close by to look at him head to toe and chuckle approvingly. He blushed even more. This whole enterprise was so embarrassing!

Raven laughed amused. "There's a first time for everything!" she insisted as she pushed him further inside the club.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Raven, we've been here for hours..." Charles huffed

"... twenty-five minutes" she corrected him

"... can I go home now?"

"So many cute guys, Charles!" she protested "You must like at least one of them!"

Charles sighed. "I'll be over there at the bar, hoping to get away from you and drinking my life away." he said

"No, wait!"

He could hear her protests and pleadings but he managed to quickly mingle in the crowd and she lost him. This little adventure of escaping right under Raven's nose amused him and he decided to consider that the highlight of the evening.

However there were still too many people around for Charles' liking. Somehow he managed to get through the crowd, reach the bar and take a seat. At least it was less noisy in here, mostly because everyone was at the dance floor groping one another and using dancing as an excuse to grind against their partners. Charles groaned. It was stupid of him to listen to Raven and come here. This was definitely the last place he wanted to be.