The date

Amelia-Rose:

My fingers lightly tapped on the frame of the car door, I was looking out the window watching all the same lights pass by in blurs. This was peaceful, watching the world go by, no one knows you see them they're all in their own mind, like me. That's when everyone one seems their purest, when they are stuck in their own thoughts. I break my contact from the window when a hand grabs mine, our figures are tangled, I love the feeling of his hand in mine, I stare at it for a moment, then my eyes slowly look up taking in his every edge and curve, all his features and imperfections, although there aren't many. I stare at his face, glowing in the dim light. Why me? of all the girls falling at their knees for him, why me? 

"What?" He side ways smiles taking a quick glace at me then looking back at the road. I realize I was staring and dart my eyes to the road.

"What?" I mumble. I can hear his snicker, I knew he was smirking.

"You tell me. Your the one checking me out." He teases.

"Pfft." I mumble again. "Just looking at the bugger hanging out your nose." I state with no emotion. His hand snaps out of mine to check his face and I already miss it. I smirk to myself at his reaction.

"Liar." He huffs making me laugh and look at him, I can't stop the smile spreading across my face and a small giggle. He glances at me and a smile spreads across his own face, he lightly shakes his head. He reaches over and grabs my hand again.

"Beautiful.." I hear him whisper to himself. 

"I don't get it." I snap letting go of his hand and facing the road again.

"What?" He snaps.

"You." I snap back. "Me?" He seems so confused by my outburst.

"You, your the kind of person people take pictures of and put them in museums, you are the kind of person people write poetry about." I huff and rant out tears prick my eyes, I didn't realize how insecure I am. wow.

He suddenly pulls the car to the side of the road and stop he shift in his seat looking at me, I stare at him he looks sad and angry.

"I'm a person. I've done bad things Lia. And I'm sorry in advance, cause I'm going to annoy you, make fun of you and say stupid things because I'm not perfect. But you'll never find someone who likes you as much as I do." He snaps at me angrily. I bite my lip and look down feeling bad. He huff and puts a hand on his forehead.

"You're lost Lia and I'm trying to help you find your way back." He sighs and grabs my chin making me look at him. And for the first time I don't mind him calling me Lia.

"I've never been perfect. But neither have you." He looks into my eyes he leans in closer.

"Stop focusing on the negative." He shake his head at me and leans even closer. "The world doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful and neither do you." He says quietly, tears prick my eyes, he leans in again bu I quickly pull back and face forward. I hear him sigh and he turns back and starts driving. Why did I do that? Am I stupid! I place my hand on his leg and give it a light squeeze, I see him smile lightly. He garbs my hand in his, I lean over the seat and kiss his cheek then sit back down.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"A forest." He states confidently.

"Ok." I reply simply. "Ok? Aren't you worried I'll kill you?" He asks surprised.

"You don't stand a chance against me." I snort. Hearing his laugh makes my stomach erupt with butterflies.

****

Soon we reach  the forest and it's covered in fairy lights, Jason pulls my hand and guides me through the forest, we walk for a little bit until he stops in front of me, he moves to the snide and stretches his hand out telling me to go in front and look. I step round him and see a huge fort made out of white sheets held between two trees fairy lights dimly light the fort. There is a pile of comfy looking white pillows and at the end a TV with a film ready to play. It does look beautiful.

"I wanted it to be err well err cute I guess, but not too sickening cause I know you hate romance." Jason nervously scratches the back of his neck waiting for my reply. I giggle at him I walk up to him and put my arms round his neck, he instantly wraps his arms round my waist and pulls me close so are bodies are touching.

"It's err well err cute." I mock and smirk at him. He playfully sticks his tongue at me.

"Although I can't help but think how dirty the white pillows and sheets will get." I snicker at him.

"Oh yeah." He raises his eyebrows.

"Not like that you creep." I smack his chest and he laughs at me. I pull away an walk towards the pillows, I sit down and face the TV, Jason come and sis next to me pulling me onto his lap. Gross touching I shiver.

"What are we watching?" I question.

"Divergent." He replies with a smirk knowing it's my favorite.

"Hello Tobias.." I joke and Jason's grip tightens. The movie starts and we watch it for a hour before Jason starts to fidget.

"What's wrong?" I question.

"Nothing." He replies bluntly. I scoff and carry on watching, but Jason continues to fidget.

"What are yo-" I get cut off with Jason's lips on mine. I melt into the kiss. When he pulls away I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I really like you Amelia-Rose, and I know you're scared of me, I will find out why. You don't need to be afraid of me, cause I never want to hurt you, so will you please give us a chance. Will you let me in?"

I sigh and look at him, I can't deny the rush of feeling I get with him, feelings I never got with my ex. Maybe he does deserve a chance. 

"Okay." I reply looking into his hopeful eyes.

"Okay.." He repeats.

"Don't expect no mushy crap." I joke and a smile spreads across my face, he laughs at me.

" I never do." He replies and kisses me again.

When we pull back and I lean onto his shoulder.

"I plan to create the love you see in films." He whispers in my ear.

"I think I'm gonna throw up." I whisper back.

"Cool."

***********

It's a bit different then how they normally act but I kinda like it.