02 | pandemonium

∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞
CHAPTER TWO;
PANDEMONIUM
∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞

   "Champagne Enema. How do you guys even create such crappy names?" Caleb quirked an eyebrow, chuckling.

   "I have no idea," Simon shook his head. "But it's decided, next time we'll be 'Rock Solid Panda'."

   He made a gesture with his hands for emphasis. They had just finished the small show on a cafeteria close of the Pandemonium place. Simon and Maureen did well, there was quite the number of people there. Only thing was their band name was 'Champagne Enema'. Which sucked.

  The group reached the van, laughing at the stupid name. "Rock Solid Panda, coming up. I'm feeling inspired,"

  Clary grabbed one of the spray-paints from the van, shaking it up and down and rounded the van so she could paint it. Simon picked up the rest of the paints and they watched as the redhead drew every single detail in the van. Every time Caleb saw her drawing, he was caught up between being proud and jealous. Truth be told, he was a disaster when it came to art.

  A frown appeared on his face when he saw her draw something weird. It was some kind of symbol, he'd seen her doing it before, but he had no clue what it meant. Clary backed away from the vehicle, appreciating her work, once she decided she was content with it, she handed Simon the spray-paint.

  "Uh, Clary, what's that?" he pointed at the thing.

  "Weird... I didn't even mean to draw that," she drawled out. "Second time today."

  "You know, sometimes people wake up speaking French and they never learned the language," Maureen said, nodding along her words.

  "Wish that would have happened to me in high school," Caleb chuckled, following Simon and Maureen to the back of the van. "How about we go inside for a bit?"

   "Oh, so now you want to go there," Simon crossed his arms, quirking an eyebrow.

   "If you got any better ideas, I'm listening," he shrugged, starting to walk to the Pandemonium with his back turned to it. From the corner of his eye he saw Clary talking to some blond dude, but didn't he say anything, instead getting inside the club.

The place was full, people were drinking, dancing, making out. Just your average New York club. He sighed, time to enchant people with his amazing dancing skills.

He walked a bit more until he was swollen in the middle of the dancing bodies, where people managed to smell good even all sweaty. Pervs lurked around, staring at girls butts and girls danced trying to look sexy in front of the guys they wanted to make out with. Typical.

Not caring about anyone else around him, Caleb pathetically started dancing with everyone else. Jumping, moving his arm and legs. It was ridiculous, but he didn't know anyone there, so why care if they think he's an idiot.

Time passed. He'd already had a few drinks and danced even more. Girls and guys came at him and he would only give them a certain amount of attention, girls weren't exactly his type and boys... well, he wasn't looking for a boyfriend.

Caleb only stopped dancing when he heard the faint sound of his name being called. He looked through the crowd for the faces of his friends but none came to sight. The brunet was about to turn around to look behind him when someone abruptly bumped into him.

"Woah," he stumbled, a bit dizzy from all the drinking.

He watched as the tall guy didn't even give him a second glance, choosing to walk away.

"Dude, try to not throw people to the floor," Caleb half-snapped with a frown.

   The guy spared him a glance, stopping when he realized Caleb was staring at him. "You're talking to me?"

   "Obviously," Caleb snorted. His annoyance vanishing almost completely as he saw the boy. He was quite... attractive?

   "What are you?" the blue-eyed asked, barely audible with the loud music playing.

   "Excuse me?" Caleb laughed.

   He looked him up and down as if expecting Caleb to attack him all of the sudden. When that didn't happen he simply turned of his heels and walked away, leaving a gagging Caleb behind. He watched his retreating back, and he had to admit— that guy was the hottest person he'd seen in the club.

Too bad he was weird.

A hand touched Caleb's shoulder, startling him. He turned around meeting a confused, if not slightly panicked, Simon.

"What's wrong?" was the first thing that came out of Caleb's lips.

Simon said words he couldn't form with all the noise around them, he made a face, indicating he wasn't understanding a single thing. Simon sighed, shouting impatiently.

"It's Clary!" he said. "She's gone!"

Caleb's eyes widened as he dragged his best friend out of the club, Maureen soon getting sight of them and following.

"What do you mean 'gone'?" he asked when they reached the door, everything being much better to hear.

"She just got inside a cab and took off," Simon shrugged, concern in his eyes.

"Simon..." he sighed. "We do not use the word 'gone' when people aren't dead, because then other people might think certain people are dead."

Simon blinked, trying to process the sentence, before giving up and shaking his head. "Whatever, okay? There was something wrong."

Caleb shrugged. "Okay... maybe it was just a headache or— cramps! Cramps, girls get a lot of that, don't they?"

He turned to Maureen who stared at them wide-eyed. "Yeah, I guess,"

"Then why isn't she answering her phone?" he retorted.

"Not everyone takes their phone to the bathroom, Si," Caleb wasn't able to hide his amusement, annoying Simon even more.

"Alright, fine," he mumbled. "I'll go try to find her myself."

"Simon, wait—" Maureen called out, but he was already out of hearing range. She gave Caleb an accusing look. Which he answered with a disbelief one.

"This wasn't my fault!" he defended with a pout.

"Well, go fix it." Maureen reasoned, running to catch up with Simon.

"Great," Caleb rolled his eyes, also running to catch up with the pair. The crushes in their little group could be quite nerving sometimes.

∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞➳∞

Alec and Caleb... Calec? I don't know, you could comment if you have any ideas for a ship name :)

I also just want to express my love for the gif of that dork up there... it's just beautiful.

Give color to that little star in the corner and comment to let me know if you liked it! xx