Chapter Two: Butterfly Fly Away

Lexi' s P.O.V

"Kaitlynn..Time to get up my love." A female voice said. I opened my eyes to see my mother standing in front of me. My dead mother was standing in front of me. This can't be real.

"Mom?" I said rubbing my eyes. She stared at me with worry.

"Why are there bruises on your face?" She said walking over to me. "Who did this?"

"F-Father." I stuttered. I must be imagining her. She's dead, she died seven years ago. She died when I was nine. She can't just be alive.

"Are you really here mom?"

Then she disappeared. I was going crazy. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 8:00AM. I was late for school. Great. I put my hair into a neat bun and put a pair of black leggings with upside down crosses on with a shirt that had an American eagle which had the colors of the American flag on it.  I hurried my converse shoes on and headed upstairs. Yes after three years I still live in the basement. I really didn't mind anymore, I was by myself and didn't have to deal with my father unless he called me to come talk to him.

I walk into the kitchen and grabbed a waffle off of a plate that already had four on it. I hurried out of the kitchen before father could find me stealing some of his food. It was obviously his because he only made enough for him.

I basically ran to school because father would be mad if he had to drive me there. I ran to the office and signed in. I looked at Mrs. Rodgers, the secretary.

"I'm late, so I need a pass."

She wrote me a pass and I went straight to my first hour. We had twenty five minutes left of class. I walked in and handed the note to her.

"Go sit down. Were not doing anything today so you can sit anywhere and chat." I nodded and went straight to my boyfriend Joni.

"You're late." He said turning to look at me.

"I know, I woke up late. Do you have anything to eat?" I asked looking at his backpack.

"No, even if I did you wouldn't get it. You are gonna get fat with the way you eat." He said coldly.

A couple of his friends laughed at what he said, but I didn't see how it was funny. Thanks for the self-esteem boost Riley. I said to myself. I turned around and saw Coltan staring at me.

I got up and went to the seat in front of him and turned around so I could see his face. His hot, beautiful face. Guilt started to sit in my heart for thinking of Noah like that, but I ignored it.

"Hey Lex." He smiled. That smile just made me want to melt. Here I go again. I thought.

"Hey." I smirked.

I looked at Joni, he was staring at me intensely with hatred. He was still abusive, but somehow I was still in love with him, or at least that's what he put into my head all these years. Us three had most classes together, but Coltan was in all of mine.

"I still don't like him." Coltan said with a chuckle.

"At some points, I don't as well." I whispered.

"And I hate you have to talk so quiet around me, so that he won't hear." He said looking down at his desk.

"You need to dump the jerk, and get with me." He said with a smirk. Why does that smile do something to me! Ugg.

"You know you like what you see Lex." I rolled my eyes and giggled. Giggled? 

"Lex, I'm serious. I like you a lot, and you don't need him to keep abusing you." He said still looking at his desk nervously.