Chapter Eight

Imagine Dragons- Nothing Left to Say

Amy:

After dinner, Marty invited me into her room so we could do some homework. I have to admit and I would never say it out loud, she's a lot smarter than I am despite us being in the same grade and having the same level classes. Her work is neat and organized while mine is all over the place a little sloppy even. My handwriting looks like chicken scratch compared to hers. 

After we were done she began to tease me about Nathan until my mom walked in. An awkward silence hung thick in the air when she shut the door. Marty handed her a big brown leather bound book. My mother took it letting out a heavy sigh. It's obvious that whatever that book is scares her. 

"Amy, remember when you were in middle school and you got really sick?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said crossing my legs looking over at my cousin who kept her eyes on me. "Dude, when I was in middle school I got a weird fever and it felt like I was going to die,"

"I know," she nodded like she was remembering something. "I did too," 

"What?" I asked looking at her and then my mom.

"Yeah, it happens to everyone in our family," she explained. 

"Baby, there's something I have to tell you. I had hoped so bad that because of your dad it would skip you. I didn't want this life for you. I know you might hate me after I tell you this and know that I would have continued to hide this if it wasn't for Marty," she looked at my cousin with anger. "The only reason I'm telling you now is because of Nathan," 

"Nathan?" I asked looking at Marty.

"Amy, you're only half human," Marty said. "Your mom lied to you because she didn't want you to live the way I do,"

"What do you mean half human what's the other half?" I asked standing up.

"You're half werewolf," I smiled at her my smirk turning into a grin.

"What? Are you guys pranking me?" I laughed.

"No. What I'm telling you is real. You're not human or just any kind of werewolf you're an alpha pup born from a second born alpha female, Amy. Your mom was born the same rank as me. My mom was the alpha, just like my dad and my brother. We were the second borns to the alpha. You're considered second because your mom never ascended the title like I did after my dad and brother were killed. Do you remember the day when I shoved you against the locker? I saw the part of you that is a wolf. She protected you from me. I could have injured you really bad if she hadn't," I looked around feeling like my head is spinning.

"No," I denied it. She sighed getting off the bed to come over to me.

"Look at me," 

I looked at her just as she asked. Her baby blue eyes began to turn black. Her baby blue irises faded into an almost reflective bright silver. She opened her mouth to show me her sharper longer canine teeth. She took a deep breath and sat back her mouth and eyes going back to normal. I couldn't look away. This might not actually be a lie.

"That's crazy right?" I asked not exactly sure what else I'm supposed to ask. She nodded with a smile. Her perfect teeth are back.

"Amy, the night you were had the fever. It was your wolf preparing your body so you could shift for the first time," Marty explained.

"I gave you a sedative to stop you from shifting and have done so every full moon," my mom added placing a pouch on the bed. The anger in Marty's eyes when she looked up at my mother didn't go unnoticed by either of us. My mom stepped away from her inching closer to the door.