Chapter Forty Six

We were doomed. Two against fifty, we had such great odds. Kelly was healing Zac and Skye, but it was taking longer then expected. Kelly had told us they had each broken all their ribs and an arm or leg, and both had a concussion. So they were out, for about a week. We were winning for a while Martin tossing guards like they were paper and I was flinging people across the room. Untill someone finally hit Martin, with a real bullet. Kelly tried to run over to him, but someone shot at her with a tranquilizer gun. Suddenly all the attention was on me, guns were aimed at me. The first shots were fired and I put a hand up sending them right back towards the guards. I had it going for a while throwing more and more darts right back at their owners, I had two hands up, but it wasn't enough. Somebody shot at my foot and I moved my hand down to block it, but I was to slow. The bullet sailed through the air and right into it's target. Bullseye. I staggerd around for a while, trying to pull the dart out of my foot, but soon darkness took over and I was out cold before I hit the floor.

I woke up feeling refreshed for the first time in a while. Jordan slept next to me in a chair, just in case. So far after that night on the mountain everything seemed to change for the better. I was no longer waking up to find the room I was in filled with smoke. Jordan had really changed my life and I owed him everything. Jordan opened one eye and when he saw I was awake closed it quickly.

"I know you're up." I say getting off my bed. A loud snoring sound fills the room.

"Wow just wow." I grab some clothes and walk towards the bathroom. I quickly changed threw on a tee shirt and put a light jacket over it. Then I pulled on my pants and laced up my sneakers. I open the door and freak out. Standing in front of me is an enormous mountain lion. I take a deep breath and burst out into laughter.

"Stop that Jordan!" I say betwen giggles. Jordan was a shape shifter, which was interesting for a morph. Instead of being one morph or three, he could be any animal, but only for a short period of time. It took a lot of energy out of him, but he tried not to show it. He was getting better at keeping his form, so far he was at an hour.

Ready for our run

I nodded at him, everyday we would go on a run. Jlrdan was determined to find an animal that would be faster than me. I tried to tell him that I was the fastest, but he wouldn't listen.

"Hey maybe this time you'll acually be able to see me. " I say. He shifts back and grins at me.

"You might want to start getting used to eating my dust." He says.

"Maybe I'll just eat you. " I said refering back to the time he shifted into a little white rabbit. He puts his hands up.

"Geesh, please don't hurt me all mighty kitty with spots." My canines pop out and I hiss at him.

"Ahhhhhh!" He screams playfully. I lightly punch him in the arm before walking towards the door. In a few day we would be leaving the hospital and going to Jordan's house. I asked why we couldn't go now, and he told me he didn't want me to burn his house down. He couldn't keep a straight face though. I ran through the hospital, Jordan chasing me this time for fun. We jumped over gurneys and angrey nurses. That were used to this but they still didn't like it. I pushed open the hospital door and ran towards the ladder. Just as I was about to reach it something jumps over me and lands on the rung over my head. Jordan grins down at me.

"Beat ya." He says. He climbs up the ladder, and I climb after him. When we reach the top we shift. Cheetah vs. Cougar, I wonder who was going to win.

Dont cheat this time Kiera. He say through my mind. He was always making cheetah jokes.

Just be careful you don't choke on my dust. I say back. Jordan starts tbe countdown.

Three

Two

One

And we're off racing through the forest dodging trees and hanging branches, later we would probaly go swiming in the lake next to the city, bjt for now I had to concentrate on beating Jordan.

Are you still running, I can't see you?

Yeah that's probaly because you're behind me. I reply Jordan laughs.

Keep dreaming.