6/This isn't right, it can't be

"Hey where did you get to earlier?" Tony asked Ella as he entered the living room. He had called a meeting of everyone in the house though no-one had any idea why. "Getting coffee took a really long time." He continued.

Ella stumbled; she had yet to come up with an excuse for leaving without saying anything.

"Never mind, we have bigger things to worry about." Tony said after a moment.

"What are you talking about, Stark?" Natasha asked from her place on the couch next to Clint.

"I'm talking about this." Tony replied dropping today's newspaper onto the coffee table for all the avengers and Ella to see. The main headline glared back at them:

AVENGERS: HEROES OR TROUBLE? By Simon Bates

"What?" Clint asked bluntly. Steve took the paper of the table, flipping through the pages until he found the article.

"The world has been declared safe ever since the Avengers saved it from an alien invasion a few months ago but now we have to wonder if that is really the case. How do we know we can trust them? They called themselves heroes yet they hid out and try to keep a low profile. Perhaps the other Avengers, much like Mr Stark are only dressing up in costumes for their own personal gain and have no interest in keeping the world safe from harm. This leads us to question whether they are in fact heroes at all.

Since the incident of New York which the government has been trying to cover up the avengers haven't been 'in action' since. They have made this world the complete opposite of safe. They brought an alien invasion to our doorstep so what's next? What if the next time the Avengers can't stop it? What right do they have to be called Heroes? The Avengers are nothing but trouble and I fear as I am sure the rest of the world does that the worst is yet to come."

"That's ridiculous! We didn't start the invasion that was all Loki! Did they forget we were the ones risking our lives to save them?!" Clint asked angrily, Natasha mumbled something in Russian next to him.

"This isn't right, it can't be." Ella said taking the paper from Steve's hands to re-read the article herself.

"What do you mean?" Bruce asked her

"Didn't you see the footage from after the attack, the world was grateful to you. More than that, you guys saved everyone's lives." Ella explained.

"Well I don't know who Simon Bates is but I want a word with him." Tony fumed from the corner. "After everything we have done for these people!"

"Tony calm down!" Steve ordered. "Ella's right, we need to get to the bottom of this." He finished with all the authority of Captain America. His tone made Ella's knees wobble slightly. Was Captain America always that sexy?

"I think we need to call Fury." Bruce spoke up, Clint nodded next to him.

"If anyone can get to the bottom of this it's Fury."

"I already called him; he will be here first thing tomorrow." Natasha cut in, slipping a phone back into her pocket.

"What? How? You have been sitting on the couch the entire time." Ella asked in disbelief.

"Don't question the ninja assassin!" Tony replied causing everyone in the room to give a little chuckle.

/