//16//

Tears blurred my vision. What the actual fuck how could he be in the hospital? "How" my voice cracking. "He had a stroke" my moms voice also cracking I could hear her muffled sobs through the speaker. "Luke and I are coming" I hung up the phone. "What's going on" luke said gently taking a hold of my arm. "Can you just take me to the hospital" I said through my tears. Luke called a taxi and drove us quickly through the city traffic to get us there. I rested my head on lukes shoulder while he brushed my tears away with his thumb. We finally arrived 10 minutes later, luke gave the man a 10 dollar bill and I grabbed lukes hand, our fingers lacing together. I walked up to the front desk, my hands starting to shake. I gave lukes hand a squeeze before speaking. "Hi do you know what room Peter Evans is in? He's my father" I asked knowing they ask you're relation to the paient. "Room 303 on the 2nd floor sweetie" she said obviously feeling bad for me. Luke and I got in the elevator and I immediately bursted into tears. "He'll be okay baby, everything will be okay" luke whispered in my ear as i cried into his chest. Luke kissed the top of my head before lacing our hands back together as we walked to the room. I saw my mom standing there also crying. "Is he going to be okay" my eyes filled with tears again. "They don't know" she said crying. I brought my hand to my mouth to keep the sobs escaping my lips. Luke wrapped his arms around me bringing me to his chest allowing me to wrap my arms tight around him finally sobbing into his warm chest. "Everything isn't okay luke" I cried even harder. "Whatever happens I'll be here" he said softly kissing my head. I finally calmed down after a little while. My head was resting against lukes chest as he rocked me back and forth in his arms. I'm grateful that's he's here, I really need luke right now. I finally walked into my dads room, I want Ted to be alone with him for a bit so luke was sitting near the door incase I needed him. He's heart was beating slowly and my heart began to race. The monitor showed it was beating every 5 seconds. Tears filled my eyes again. I sat in a blue plastic chair watching the monitor. I was in the room for 15 minutes when the worst possible thing had happened, the line went flat. I let out a sob and I wasn't able to stop. I was in hysterics. Luke came into the room probably hearing my sobs and pulled me into his chest letting me cry into him. "He's dead luke, he's dead, he's never coming back" I cried even harder. I fisted lukes shirt lightly, holding the fabric in my small hand, I couldn't stop crying. Lukes eyes filled up with tears as well and I could feel them on my shoulder tightening my grip around him. "Don't you cry too" I said half jokingly. I brushed away his tears, luke doing the same for me. "Can you stay with me tonight" I mumbled into his chest. "I was already planning on it baby, you need me" luke kissed my head. More tears leaked from my puffy, blood shot eyes. 

*later that night*

I was cuddled into lukes chest. "how are you feeling" luke asked as he began to rub soft circles on my hip. "I feel numb" I admitted burying my head further into his chest. He just kissed my head continuing to rub soft circles on my hip. I fell asleep hours later in lukes arms. I woke up at 3 am and I started crying which woke up luke. "I miss him so much" I sobbed, sitting up as luke took me in his arms trying to calm me down. "I know baby, I miss him too but he's watching over you now and he's so proud of you for who you've become" lukes words soothing me, kissing my forehead. "I love you so much. Thank you for being here, with me" I said into his chest thankful to have my boy here with me. "I love you too baby girl" he said into my hair, rubbing my back lulling me back to sleep in his arms.