one

I slowly walked to school, my head hung as I watched the ground. School would be okay if everyone would show kindness, but they don't. No one ever does.

I pulled my head up as I realized that I was close to school. I could hear faint laughter and conversations as I entered the familiar building.

I walked to my locker and collected all of my books. When all of the books were balanced in my arms, someone shoved me into my locker.

"I'm so sorry, here let me help." He offered as he knelt down and handed me my books.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"I'm Calum by the way." He mentioned.

"Not that it matters, but I'm Meridith." I informed just above a whisper.

"Hey, I'll see you around." He said as he looked past me.

"Sure." I plainly replied as he walked past me. A group of well liked kids were in a group that he joined. Calum was popular, there is no way that he would be seeing me later.

My feet followed the same void path to my classroom. Loud conversations filled the small room as I walked to my desk. My body shyly fell into the cold desk.

★★★★★

School went by slowly and full of pain. Not one word escaped my mouth today, which never surprised me.  I grabbed my bag and tossed in on my back as I left the classroom.

My feet hurriedly drug my body out of the building and pushed past the people. My mind tried to figure out the best path too take to escape the mayhem, but I was pushed to the ground. Laughter erupted throughout my ears. My eyes looked up and fell onto a group of students pointing and laughing at me. Tears began to fall to the dry ground as my head dropped to the dirt.

My fragile body was soon lifted off the ground. My feet naturally balanced on the ground as I was pushed out of the crowd. A hand was gripped tightly on the back of my arm as I was forced forward.

"Watch where you're going from now on." A voice demanded from behind me.

"Yeah, sorry." I said as I wiped my eyes from the tears.

"Are you crying?" He asked as he stepped into view, Calum.

"No, I just got dirt in my eyes. It's nothing." I assured as I walked off.

"Wait, let me drive you home." He offered.

"No thanks." I objected as I quickened my speed.

I'm guessing that he didn't really want to drive me home, because the conversation fell silent. My hands shakily hide inside of my jacket pockets. I watched my shoes beat the ground as they carried me home.

"Hi sweetheart, how was school?" My aunt Kristen asked as I entered my house.

I didn't say anything as I ran to my room. I fell on my bed and tears began to descend into my pillow. My arms squeezed my old stuffed bear, Mushu, to my chest.

"I miss you mom and dad." I sobbed. "I miss you both so much." I said biting my lip in attempt to stop my crying.