Chapter 5

2nd of Rain's Hand, 4E 216, Imperial City Libraries

Viranus escorted Harorn and Svenja through the palace to get to the libraries of the empire, a vast collection of records, books, and scrolls. They were also home to the infamous Elder Scrolls, scrolls that could only be read by moth priests and told of prophecies, good or bad.

After the Imperial City was sacked during the Great War many years before, most of the Elder Scrolls that resided in those libraries were stolen, and managed to be spread all throughout Tamriel. Very few have been found since then, and three of them were found in the same year, 4E 201, all in Skyrim by the Last Dragonborn.

Harorn thought he would never be as important as the Last Dragonborn. He always thought he would amount to nothing but a normal Nord in Solitude. Little did Harorn know, that would all change.

"There's a couple scholars here to find what you're looking for," Viranus said to them both. "Now some may not be here because of those damned elves, but some have been recovered, so you two may be in luck."

They reached the library doors and Viranus let the two in. Inside, there were many books and records. Inside sat an ancient-looking khajiit, reading a book. He looked up at the trio entering.

"Welcome," began the khajiit, "I am S'Drassa, one of the main librarians in what remains of them. Need you any help?"

Before Harorn or Svenja could say anything, Viranus spoke first. "This lovely couple is trying to find an Elder Scroll." Harorn tried to correct this mistake, but said nothing while Svenja blushed.

"Ahhh, yes," S'Drassa said with a hiss in his voice. "Right this way." He stood up slowly and walked toward a different section of the grand library. He entered through a grand door on which the sign above was old, broken, and withered. But one could still tell what it said.

HALL OF THE ELDER SCROLLS

Through the grand doors, S'Drassa went and the others followed. Harorn was immediately astonished by the pedestals, empty or not, that held many scrolls. Each one had a plaque to tell the name of that scroll.

So many were missing that it looked embarrassing on the empire's part. Harorn thought that their scroll they needed to find could be there, but he was a little pessimistic.

"So which scroll do you require," asked S'Drassa, "it may be here if you are lucky."

"We're looking for the Elder Scroll: Ebony. Any knowledge on that?" Svenja asked.

"Ahhhh yes, the scroll about the Ebony Crown," S'Drassa turned to find it but stopped. "I'm a little curious. Why must you find this scroll?"

Viranus joked behind Svenja and Harorn. "Curiosity killed the cat."

S'Drassa glared at him. After a few seconds he turned around and began looking for the scroll again. "Fair point," he had whispered under his breath.

They had passed many pedestals that were empty, but there were a few there. The Elder Scroll: Dragon, Sun, and Blood we're some of the only ones there. Harorn still had a glimmer of hope.

"And here we," S'Drassa started as they reached the final pedestal. "Aren't."

Svenja immediately turned away, but Harorn stayed standing tall. Viranus had a small chuckle but straightened himself out.

"I'm very sorry," S'Drassa had said, looking back at Harorn. "We've been trying for years and years to find them, but we simply cannot."

"I'll find it," Harorn had said without a heartbeat. "I'll find it, and I'll do it for free." Svenja was surprised at Harorn, but went along with it. Viranus chuckled to himself.

S'Drassa was shocked. "Very well then, we'll have to find someone who may know of its location."

"Who may that be?" Harorn had asked quickly.

"The moth priests," said S'Drassa and walked past them back to the entrance of the hall.