Better Than Before

I walked downstairs to see aunt Rose serving plates of food for four.

"Who's joining us?" I asked taking a seat.

"The guys... They've been working all day, I told them they should only work for three hours a day, but they want to finish the fence" she said calling the guys to come in.

"So... Do you thinks they're cute?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"Aunt Rose!" I said almost spitting out my food. As she said that the guys were right behind her laughing.

"What? Its a compliment! Anyways we're cute enough to be talking about you guys right?" She said putting a hand on her hip.

"Absolutely ma'am... Both are very beautiful" Pablo said sitting down next to her.

"Yeah, I think both of you are stunning." Zade said giving me a wink without aunt Rose looking. My face went hot. I looked away trying to hide my blush. Then I realized that I was blushing over a guy that isn't Jared...

"So, I want one of you guys to show Winter around the yard. And the garden field later" she said as she dug into her food.

"I'll show him around" Kane said as he took a spoonful of his food.
"Thanks, is that Ok Winter?" Aunt Rose asked.

"Yeah...thank you Kane" I smiled at him. He was so visually captivating... His pale blue eyes and his strong jawline that's covered in a stubble beard, then his big muscles bulging out through his shirt.

"So, when you're showing him around be sure to show him the cabin, it might take a while to get there, but when you get there you're gonna be saying the walk was worth it!" She said enthusiastically while clapping her hands.

"That sounds great!" I said excited. Behind the house were never ending woods that were covered in colorful flowers and beautiful trees. And about half a mile into it is a cabin as I was told.

"Great!, you guys can go after you're done!"she said happily

As we finished he hurriedly got up and asked if I had finished.
I left my half empty platevon the table and got up and walked out to the backyard.

"So, Winter... How old are you?" He asked fixing his shirt.

"I'm 19 you?" I asked not really wanting to talk but to admire the woods.

"I'm 20.... You really like nature don't you?"

"Yeah, I love it, it makes me feel peace."I said smiling as I saw flowers all over the place!

"You know.... I feel like we've meet Winter..." He said observing my face.

"I don't think I've ever seen you anywhere else but here."I said as I grabbed a rose and smelled it. I love the smell, its so satisfying.

"I know but I can't help but feel like we have" he said grabbing a pink tulip and looked at it and gave it to me.

"Is this your favorite flower?" He asked .

"It is! How'd you know?" I asked taking it from him.

"I don't know..." He said looking confused.

I ignored his stare and continued looking around. Then my eyes landed on a bridge that went over a river stream.
It was beautiful, the water shining, and flowers on the sides of the bridge. I was in love.

"Let's go over there!" I said as I began walking without him.

It was so gorgeous!!! The beautiful sound of the running water, then the perfect sunlight, and the rustling trees... This was a perfect place.

Then i looked to where it headed but there was a tall gate that kept anyone from going further.

"What's on the other side of the gate?" I asked as kane finally approached my side.

"I don't know your aunt never told me, or Pablo" he said looking strongly at it.

"That's weird..." I said as I began to walk back to the trail that we were at before.

"Yeah..." He said taking one last look at it then began walking.

"So how much more do we have to keep walking till we reach the place?" I said exhausted.

"No more... We're here" he said smiling down at me as I saw a huge cabin that was three stories high. Some of the walls were simply glass. But it was mainly wooden and was surrounded by lavenders.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it!!! Its so gorgeous!!!" I began walking to it and I finally reached the door and if course I had to wait for him to catch up.

He unlocked the door and I was amused at what I saw. The entry was huge!!! There was a giant chandelier hanging from the room. There was a glass table with tall wooden seats around it. It was stunning!!! Aunt Rose was right, the walk was totally worth it!.

"BOOOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOOOOM!!!!" I heard what sounded like thunder come from outside.

"Imma call Rose and tell her that there's a storm and we should stay here... I don't think its safe for you to be out, you hate it" he said dialing a number.

How did he know that??? How does he know all these things about me?

"Yeah... Yes...Ok we'll stay here till the storm's over." He hung up and smiled at me.

"I guess we're staying here" he said putting his big hands into his pockets.

"I guess we are" I said sitting on the couch. The wall I was facing was one of the walls that was glass. And I could see all the lightning. I got a cover and fell asleep on the couch, and Kane fell asleep on the other couch.

That's how the rest of the night was, thunder, lighting all other again. Then I drifted to sleep cozily.