Chapter 10 - Morning Star

(A/N: sorry for not updating in a while! :( my phone cracked and I could barely see my screen)

-------------------------------------------------------

The Morning Star will lead the way,
Deep, down far into the right way.
The green emerald shines bright,
You can see it from a mile in the night.
Be careful because The Morning Star lies,
But if you play it right, everything will be alright.

I wake up to the same song/poem I've heard before. Thankfully my headache is gone and the pain in my legs. I look around and Chase and Lacey aren't in the room. There's a note on the night stand that reads: there's clothes in the closet. Breakfast will be waiting downstairs.

I get up feeling refreshed. Luckily I didn't have one of those weird vision dreams dreams last night. The clothes the dwarf provide are black skinny jeans, and by skinny I mean skinny, pink crop top, leather jacket and combat boots. It's not really my style but I'll take what I can get. I take the clothes into the bathroom, take a quick shower, brush my hair and teeth with a clean toothbrush the dwarfs had and head downstairs.

It's pretty warm in here so I don't put the jacket on. Instantly I look around for Chase. I find him at the table laughing with Lacey, Carter, and another girl dwarf.

He notices me walking over. "So Sleeping Beauty finally decided to join us?" He jokes and the others laugh.

I'll take that as a compliment. I smile and giggle a little. "Yeah I guess," I take a seat in between Chase and Carter.

"Here," Carter drags a plate filled with fruit and waffles to me. "And by the way this is Marisa, my girlfriend."

The small girl dwarf waves a shy wave. She's petty, black hair, golden eyes, and freckles all over her cheeks and small nose. "Hi."

I smile and wave then begin to start eating my food. I never realized that I was starving until now. Chase and Lacey continue talking and laughing about whatever it was before I came here.

"I gotta go baby," Marisa starts. "Duty calls."

"I'll walk you out," Carter starts to get up with Marisa.

I've never seen a dwarf couple, or dwarfs at all. But I have to admit, they are kind of cute together. Sometimes I wish I'd know how it feels to be loved by someone other than family. To be honest, I've never had a relationship with another guy, or my first kiss. I was supposed to marry Ethan back in Colina, but I don't want to and I'm sure he ruined those plans by now.

Chase and Lacey finish their conversation right when Carter comes back. "I found your family tree Lacey."

"Ooh yay!" She whisper something to Chase which makes him laugh then gets up to follow Carter.

Right when she leaves he turns his attention toward me. "So how'd you sleep last night?"

I swallow a blueberry. "Thankfully restful. I had no like, weird dreams so that was pretty nice."

"Well that's good."

"Can I ask you something?" I bite my lower lip because I'm kind of nervous to ask this. I've never really had a "guy friend" before because Jocelyn enrolled me in a private school for only girls. She always said it was because that's what Ethan wants but I now know Ethan only cares for my powers.