Chapter 4

As Leo and Calypso with Festus creaking along behind them walked towards the forest, where Bunker 9 was waiting, Calypso had a question.

               "What is this place?"

               Calypso was asking about Camp Half-Blood. Leo couldn't blame her. She had basically been pulled from something like 3000 BC to the present. 

               "Well, it's a camp."

               "I know that much."

               "Basically, well, I haven't been here that long so if I get any details wrong, it's not my fault."

               "Okay. Go on."

               "It's a camp where Demigods go to train and be safe."

               "Train for what?"

               "Fighting monsters mostly, but we also do stuff like canoeing, forging, and capture-the-flag."

               "What's capture-the-flag?"

               "It's a game we play in the woods. There are two teams. Each team has a flag and they try to protect the other team from getting it to their side of the forest, also while trying to get the other team's flag to their side of the forest. It helps us with combat practice and strategy."

               "Sound fun."

               At first Leo thought that she was being sarcastic. Why would a girl like her want to go out into the dirty woods in full battle armor and hit other people on the head with swords? But then he realized that she had a completely serious expression. He guessed there was still a lot that he didn't know about his girl.

               They were passing by the Big House when Leo decided to stop and tell Chiron that he was back and introduce him to Calypso. Chiron should know. He is the head of camp. Leo thought to himself.

               "Calypso, I need to stop here for a sec, okay?"

               "Sure, Leo."

               "Festus, stay here. I'll be right back out."

               They walked up the steps to the Big House and knocked on the door.

               They heard a voice inside. "Come in!"

               Leo opened the door and they walked down the hallway, leading towards the living room. Chiron was in wheelchair mode, reading a book. Leo noticed that Calypso was staring at Chiron with scrunched-up eyes, he had no idea why. Maybe she thought that he looked like someone that she knew or something.

               "Hi, Chiron." Leo said, and then he noticed Calypso's eyes grow wide. What's up with her. Leo thought.

               Chiron looked up. "Hello Leo, hello Calypso." He smiled.

               "Chiron?" Calypso looked on the verge of tears. "It's really you, isn't it."

               "Yes, child. It is I." He replied.

               "Chiron!" Calypso ran up and Chiron took her in his arms.

               "Welcome back to the real world, Calypso."

               Leo spoke up. "I honestly have no idea what's going on. Someone please tell me."

               Just then Dionysus strut into the room. "Who are these losers?" He asked Chiron in a bored, tired voice.