↬ eight

eight - Blood Must Not Have Blood

'Where is he?'

Her nails were already bitten down to the quick. She nibbled at both of her frayed, form edges and the corners of her bottom lip like a famished mouse. Her legs bounced at a rate that matched her heightened heartbeat as her dull and sunken orbs trained on her closed bedroom door. Her stomach shifts uneasily and she took a notice of that a hand she was hugging herself with was pinching into her skin.

'He didn't come to bed last night. So where is he?'

She lets out a shaky breath and bows her head into the palm of her hands, her legs shaking in a sloppy pattern that couldn't attain normally due to her anxiety.

Brandi couldn't take the unsettled feeling that was overwhelming her. She wants to believe that things go worse from where she stands. She wants to think the riot was nonsense and that Kane and Abby had handled everything. Hell, she even wants to pretend that Pike wasn't they're new chancellor.

'I know, Bellamy. He wouldn't actually be following through with this. He just can't. He knows he'll be fighting against me, so why is he pushing it further?'

Brandi stuffs her loaded bag underneath her bed and covers it with the oversized blanket that was already hanging on the floor when hearing doors opening in the distance.

She lets out a breath of relief when seeing it was only Octavia.

''He's back.''

Brandi retrieves her bag from underneath and was quick on her feet as she followed Octavia out of the Ark and onto the plain fields.

Brandi gasps. ''Oh my god.''

He was covered in blood. They all were. Yet they were holding their heads high as if they were a saviour to their own people.

'But they weren't. They've brought death to their own and I cannot wait to fight them on the battlefield.'

Brandi turns when she feels an assuring squeeze on her arm. Octavia was looking at her with features that weren't quite readable. ''I'll be right back. Okay?''

The brunette nods at her, letting the younger Blake run over to her older sibling's' side.

She grimaced at him with disgust from the distance as Octavia asks ''Bellamy, are you okay?''

''I'm fine.''

She shivers at the nonchalance annunciated in his voice. It was cold and dismissive and it surprised Brandi that Octavia was still egging on the subject. ''What happened out there?''

He was hesitant when stopping in his tracks to look back at his sister. But it was only a glance that barely held any sign of communication before he walked off, leaving her there bewildered.

Brandi cocks a brow when he stops only a few feet away from her. Her tighten features stared him down with a twitch of her lips as she takes in all the blood consuming his clothes and skin.

Bellamy watches her as she swallows, meeting his gaze after inspecting him with critical notes laid out in her head.

She inhales sharply before speaking, but her features falter and her orbs divert behind him as Pike returns to Arkadia with more blood on him than anyone else.

Literally.

''You actually went through with it'' She whispers as the gates lock up.

People started gathering around where Bellamy and Brandi stand, smiling at their new leader they believed is one step away from solving their problems.