6. 'Good. I don't want to go back.'

Kat's P.O.V

I watched curiously as the two brother's fought over something I didn't even know about. I was confused as to what Kol meant when he first began shouting at Niklaus. 'What did you do?'. Kol was furious with Klaus and I longed to know why.

The vampires Marcel had ordered to kill me had backed off when Kol appeared and eventually they all dispersed into different parts of New Orleans leaving only Marcel remaining.

"Did you expect me to just sit there and watch her cry night after night, day after day and not do anything about it?" Klaus hissed while pushing his brother backwards violently.

"No, Niklaus, I expected you to comfort her when she needed you, not compel away all of our memories together!" Kol shouted back.

It was hard to think about anything else after the words left his mouth. Klaus had compelled me to forget about all about Kol and mines relationship when Elena and Jeremy Gilbert killed him?

Nervously, I stepped in between them both, separating whatever fight they had going on. "One of you needs to tell me what's going on." I demanded.

Kol eyed me for a second before slowly approaching me and placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Before the day I died, you found me in a bar kissing another girl. We said some pretty horrible things to each other the following evening and the next day, Jeremy and Elena Gilbert killed me with the white oak stake. My brother here compelled you to forget all of our happy memories and any of your knowledge about us being together, but now he's going to make you remember, aren't you Niklaus?"

"I'll put it inside of the box in my head labeled, 'I'll think about it'. Before I make the drastic decision, why don't we go home and see what Elijah, Hayley and Rebekah have to say about this?"

"No!" I protested but Klaus had already sped away in the direction of the compound.

Sighing, Kol turned to me and grabbed my hand. "We should go."

Davina's P.O.V

I had fallen asleep in Elijah's arms with no knowledge of where we were going; however, it couldn't have been worse than being stuck in that dusty attic 24/7.

When my eyes finally opened, I realised I was in a large bed with silk covers and my head was resting on a soft pillow. The walls were a peachy colour and there was old fashioned furniture placed around the room.

A soft knock sounded on the door and was followed by Elijah entering. He had taken off his blazer and tie, along with unbuttoning the first few buttons of his white shirt.

"Davina, how are you feeling?" He questioned while taking a seat at the edge of the bed.

"I'm okay I guess." I mumbled, looking down at my hands for a second before my eyes met with Elijah's. "Why did you come back?"

"What do you mean?"

"When I had my nightmare, why did you come back for me?" I repeated.

"I heard you screaming, Davina. We may not have known each other for a long time but I didn't want to see you hurt." He whispered through the dim light of the few candles scattered around the room.

"Thank you, Elijah," I whispered back.

I looked up at him and took in his face as the light flickered, illuminating his beautiful features. My eyes somehow found their way down to his lips before flicking up to meet his brown ones.

"Davina," Elijah mumbled as he leant in closer. "There is no way on this earth I'm allowing you to get caught up with my family again."

My hand found his and I intertwined our fingers gently. "Last time." I began quietly. "I didn't have anyone, I was alone and I had to fight my demons all by myself. Now, Elijah, I have you. I want this, Elijah, and I know you do too."

"There's no going back from this Davina."

"Good. I don't want to go back." I said before crashing my lips against his.

Kat's P.O.V

"Finally! You're back!" I heard Rebekah's voice as Kol and I approached the living room.

We stepped inside and saw no Elijah, just Rebekah, Hayley and Klaus who sat smugly in the corner of the room.

"Kol?" Rebekah gasped. Kol smirked at her and they took a moment to hug each other. "Wh- How?!"

"Another story for another day sister," Kol replied while pulling away. "Now, Niklaus, I believe we have something to discuss."

"The answer is no," Klaus stated bluntly before getting up to leave.

"Klaus!" I shouted making him spin around on his heel. "I have been nothing but kind to you over these past years and you can't even do one thing for me?!"

"Listen up, Katara," He said using my full name. "I don't care about your kindness, I don't care about your loyalty. I care about myself and only myself, call me shallow but I couldn't care less about your petty love story."

"Niklaus I swear if you don't give me my memories back I will-" I was about to finish when Klaus approached me with big steps.

"What will do you, Kat? Kill me? We both know that's not possible without-"

"This?" A voice exclaimed from behind us all. I turned to see Elijah with the one thing that could kill an original in his hand. The white oak stake.

"Elijah," Klaus mumbled under his breath.

"Elijah what are you doing?!" Rebekah shouted. "You are not killing our brother! We can settle this like adults."

Elijah turned the stake around in his hand slowly. "We've tried, Rebekah, we've tried and tried to redeem our brother from the darkness that engulfed him and where did that get us?" Elijah said in his noble voice.

"I will kill you, Elijah." Klaus hissed under his breath. "I'll find you and shove that stake straight through your cold, dead heart."

"I think you're forgetting Niklaus that I'm the one with the stake right now and if you want to avoid death, you will give the girl her memories back." Klaus looked into my eyes for a minute before sighing in defeat.

"You will remember everything about Kol, all the good things," Klaus exclaimed before disappearing.

I could feel the memories rushing back. The time we had a water fight in the front garden or the time Kol saved me from being killed by a vampire. Everything. I turned around and launched myself at Kol who picked me up from the floor and spun me around before setting me back on my feet and kissing me deeply.

"I missed you so much, Kol Mikaelson," I whispered as he held me close.

"I missed you too, Katara Holtby. I'm never letting you go." Kol said into my hair.