Chapter 5: Some Last-Minute Romance

Anjali's POV

I had just come out of the shower, barely covering my body in a green towel, and pressed myself against the glass window, simply marveling at the pouring rain outside, as it pounded and embraced the earth towards itself. I was waiting for Rohan, who apparently had a thing for long showers rather than me, hmph! So I decided to immediately strip into an ordinary white chudidhar (Indian dress) with a low back, that I by chance packed for the trip. Just then, the shower door opened, and Rohan entered outside onto the carpets in a towel, and he suddenly caught me gawking at his beautifully toned abs. "Like what you see?" He smirked. I smiled back, turned away, giggled, and shook my head. I went back toward the glass and admired the rain once again, still feeling his eyes smoldering on me. I felt his footsteps marching toward me, and after that he began to cradle my waist in both his arms, ensuring that his hand caressed every single square inch of it. Then, he trailed his fingers up the parts where my backless chudidhar didn't cover, sending breathtaking chills up my spine, and he did not hesitate to shift my dhupatta a little to the side, in order to trail soft kisses across my neck. My skin felt like fireworks, due to the tingling sensation given by his touch. He flipped me to face toward him and with pure innocence in his eyes, something I had never seen before, said "I love you...Anjali Jaidev Awasthi."

"I...I love you too, Rohan Ashok Randhawa." I returned contently, and he crashed his lips onto mine, and paid close attention to every part of my body that craved for the tingling sensation. Our lips rhythmically moved in all directions perfectly in sync, and after a 'productive' while of this, I felt his tongue frantically licking my lower lip, desperately begging for an entrance. I gladly opened up and let his tongue explore my mouth, while I did the same to him. From now, we enjoyed the sensation of our mouths trying to overpower each other for dominance, which obviously Rohan won, for the next five minutes. Eventually, I shyly broke the kiss, turned away and ran towards the glass of the balcony window (total bollywood moment :P)

Rohan's POV

The kiss with Anjali...had been even better than the one we shared on stage in front of a million eyes. Sparks flew between us even faster, and the fireworks burst even louder, in the little distance between us. I smirked after she turned away and ran towards the glass window to admire the rain again.

"You know, Anju?" I began after a while.

"Yeah?" she blushed at how my voice sent shivers down her spine from behind.

"Lagta Hai...ki aaj, sacha pyar honewala hain."

"Kya keh rahe ho tum?" she turned toward me, a bit surprised.

"Because of the rains, darling, and how the wind is blowing your hair." she smirked at my comment in disbelief at first, but then noticed that I was correct in saying that the wind was indeed blowing her beautiful, wavy hair. She opened the window a bit more to let more of the rain and the wind inside, and this was an amazing feeling.

"I'm hearing this from, the Rohan Ashok Randhawa? Rain and the wind blowing my hair?" she miserably failed at sounding sarcastic, especially since she was fighting a fit of laughter. And she was partly correct in her accusation, because, I wasn't quite the romantic as Raj was. Personally, I wasn't used to long-term romance back in my college days, but I think I've softened up because of....Anjali. I also remember that her sister and I became good friends in college because we were a lot alike, but I always believed we'd both soften up at some point in our lives. I kind of pity her that she hasn't.

"And one more thing, Anjali." I told her.

"What?" she asked.

"When you smile...."

"I look good, don't I?" she returned with raised eyebrows. Well obviously, she was expecting what we would now call cliche.

"Sure. But no, I was thinking different."

"Then...?" she looked around confused at first, but being the ardent SRK fan she is, and craving for the Yash Chopra love story as usual, she immediately turned back to the rain, and started cheerfully singing one of the dance numbers we performed on stage. "*Ghodi Jaisi Chaal, Haathi Jaisi Dum, O Saavan Raja, Kahan Se Aaye Tum"

"*Koi Ladki Hai, Jab Woh Hasti Hai, Baarish Hoti Hai, Chanak Chanak Chum Chum," I sang back.

I then cradled her into my arms completely, and gradually swayed with her, as we sang our song.

"*Koi Ladka Hai, Jab Woh Gaata Hai, Saavan Aata Hai, Ghumar Ghumar Ghum Ghum!"

"Chak Dhoom Dhoom, Chak Dhoom Dhoom, Chak-" We were so rudely interrupted by a knock on the door. I stared at Anjali, desperately hoping she wouldn't get it quite yet, but she innocently ran toward the door. The door opened up to an evilly smirking Aparna and Raj. Wonder how long they decided to push their ears against our door.

"Awhh, poor babies, we just had to ruin their romance, didn't we, Raj?" Aparna teased. Anjali and I gave them both death glares, whereas they simply laughed, but knowing the four of us, we patched up easily. Anyways, Aparna told us the news that her and Anjali's parents had found a man for her. Neither of us were happy about it, but knowing we couldn't hide, we decided to pack up quickly.

"But you guys are too cute," Raj complimented and smirked. "Well, I guess it's raining, and before Aparna loses her freedom, would you like to have some last minute fun before we board our flight back to Bradford?"

Once we traversed outside the hotel, we began enjoying the rain, and spinning around in crazy circles under it. Anjali and I danced, and began to continue our beloved song. Aparna and Raj decided to join in as well, her standing next to Anjali, and Raj taking a spot next to me. I kind of hoped they'd stand next to each other, if it weren't for Aparna and her screwed up life. Wait come to think of it, she doesn't want this arranged marriage, yet she doesn't seem to really want love....or does she want love? May she be too late to get it? Ughh,, too much thinking, I'll just get back to dancing with the love of my life.

***********************************A/N************************************************************

hey guys(: its minoo, ya i was hoping my update 4 Sunday, but then imma hav a movie nite w/ friends, so i didn't think i'd have time to update then, but here's your update(: btw, the Rohan and Anjali's song is called "Koi Ladki Hai" and it's from the movie "Dil Toh Pagal Hai" and this will be on the sidebar so enjoy it(: and @ABCDROSE123 here's your Varalia moment <3333 But thank you guys for all ur support love youhhs <3 <3 <3