Chapter 1 ~ Too Many Problems

A/N THIS IS MY FIRST DIVERGENT / FOURTRIS FANFIC SO I'M LEARNING AS I GO ALONG XD. HOPE YOU LIKE IT Xx DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME!

TRIS POV

"WAKE UP TRIS! WAKE UP!!!" Christina screams at me as I try to hide under the covers.

"Five more minutes Chris..." I mumble, turning over in my bed.

"Get UP!" She yells and then pulls the covers onto the floor.

"Urgh!" I grumble as I stumble up and go to the shower area.

I only brush my teeth and wash my face because I already had a shower at midnight. I know that sounds weird but I can't stand the thought of showering in front of the others, even if there are only girls there. I guess it's the abnegation in me. 

"Tris can you hurry up!" Chris calls from the sleeping area.

Don't get me wrong, I love that girl but she is just so damn LOUD! I stroll back to the sleeping area to see Christina packing her clothes away. I throw here a confused face.

"I thought you already packed yesterday morning?" I say puzzled

"I did. Then I had to go shopping again." She explains trying to push a pair of heels into her suitcase.

"Had is the questionable word there." I say, ignoring the death glare she shoots me "Why didn't you bring me with you?" I ask

"Tris, when have you ever wanted to go shopping with me?" I shrug in response "Plus I wanted to give you some time with Four."

"What?"

"Don't play dumb Tris. I've seen the way you look at him and the way he looks at you. It's definitely more than an initiate trainer relationship. You've been spending so much time with him I just thought that you were having a secret relationship or something."

"Chris! I would never not tell you about my first boyfriend your my be-"

"YOU'VE NEVER HAD A BOYFRIEND!" She interrupts "TRIS! You are such a rookie!" She sighs over dramatically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I laugh

"You know it's just such a wonder that someone like Four could like someone so.......inexperienced as you." She explains

"Geez Christina,  points for the sensitivity." I spit out angrily

"Tris I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you! You know me and my old Candor ways!"

"Yes. Yes I do!  And I'm fed up with always being under scrutiny with you! Sometimes I wish you just stayed there." I say coldly

As soon as the words escape my mouth I regret them. Chris is my best friend and without her I would have never survived Dauntless initiation. But right now I'm just too angry to apologise. I storm out the dorm, grabbing my jacket on the way.

Four POV  

As I'm striding to breakfast I see a girl walking angrily in front of me. Tris. God she's so beautiful and she doesn't even know it. She doesn't seem to know the effect she has on me, one simple touch sends shivers down my body. Enough day dreaming Four! Say something!

"Tris!" I shout down the corridor. "Tris wait!"

She stops but doesn't turn around. As I get closer I hear her sniffles.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask softly 

She turns around slowly so I can see her tear stained face.

"I'm a horrible, horrible person." She says hoarsley "I got into a big fight with her and now I don't think she wants to see me ever again."

"With who?" 

"Christina." She mumbles

I just chuckle soflty, those girls have been through the whole of initiation together and now Tris is worrying about their friendship because of a little fight. 

"It's not funny." She says coldly, glaring at me 

"Tris just go and apologise. Don't make a big deal out of it." I advise her

"But she'll just blank me and I don't want that." She insists

"Tris it's a wonder you even made it into Dauntless! You can't live your life being scared of rejection. You need to wake up and realise what faction your in because if you want to last in Dauntless you need to get used to being faced with more than silly little girl problems." I snap angrily

Tris POV

"You know it's quite funny Four.  You can be either cruel instructor or concerned boyfriend. Thanks for the help." I say harshly. As I start to walk away I hear Four calling me back.

"Tris! Tris! Wait!" He shouts. I stop and turn around to him 

"I am not the slightest bit interested in what you have got to say." I mumble angrily

"I just have one thing to say to you." He says calmly

"What?"

"You called me your boyfriend."

"I know. And now I realise it was a mistake." I say before marching down the corridor and entering the cafeteria. 

Instead of sitting with all my friends I grab a muffin and go to sit by myself. I can't help thinking about what  said to four. I have really strong feelings for him and now I've ruined the 2% chance I actually had with him. Great start to the day Tris. 

AN - THANKS FOR READING. BTW DO YOU WANT TRIS AND FOUR TO FALL IN LOVE SLOWLY OR QUICKLY? COMMENT BELOW!!!