Chapter Four

Kristen finished packing and took care of some stuffs. The last thing on the list was to ask Dylan out to a nearby coffee shop.

She had been too busy lately after reading the ads, she didn't inform both Becca and Cassie about her plan. As Kristen and Becca walked torward their chemistry class, they spotted Dylan leaning on his locker, talking to some random girls with cheap and crappy make-ups. And don't even mention their horrible slutty clothes.

'I got something to do, you should head back to class first,' Kristen suggested and Becca nodded before dissapearing into the crowds. She walked across, eyes focused on Dylan and finally noticed her walking torward him. He stood straighter than before and politely said bye to the girl beside him. He showed Kristen a friendly smile, looking awkwardly stiff.

'Hi, I was wondering if it is possible for you to, uh, have a cup of coffee with me after school?' She finally asked after gathering her courage. Dylan looked flattered and confused at the same time, he usually rejected dates, but hey, it was Kristen Harville.
He noticed the slight blush on her cheek, and felt bad if he rejected this sweet girl. It was just a cup of coffee anyway.

'Sure, I mean, we could probably hang out,' he replied with his cool and calm voice, which sent shiver down Kristen's spine. She handed out her number and informed him to call her after school. A thousand of mixed feeling terrored her for the rest of the hours.

Soon as her phone rang, she instantly knew that was Dylan and picked up with a simple greetings, informed him that she would be waiting in the nearest starbucks.

Her palms were trembling as she slides the white powders out of a small piece of paper into the Americano she ordered for Dylan. She watched as it dissolved into the hot coffee. She picked a love-seat at the corner of the room, which was the cctv's and waiters' blindspot. She did everything cautiously, she had gone too far to turn back right now. Now the final touch was to let Dylan gulp those coffee down.

After a few minutes waiting in cold sweat, the glass door swung open, and Dylan stepped in with a navy button-up shirt and jeans. Her heart skipped a beat, this is it, she thought as he spotted her and stepped closer every second.

Closer,

'Hi,' he greeted with a heart-melting smile, which made Kristen trembled even more. She managed to greet back with the smallest smile.
He slid the wooden chair a few inches apart from the table, before slipping his feet between the chair to sat himself down. He wasn't even suspicious with her odd behaviours―touching her nose occasionally, breath pacing up―and thanked her for the coffee. He took a sip, and cringed as the bitterness swarm over his mouth.

'I assume you dislikes coffee?' Kristen asked with a polite smile. He shrugged it off, explained about how he don't dislike coffee, he hated the bitterness, how it represents life. Kristen wasn't even focused on what he was randomly talking about. The only thing filling her brain was him, and the Americano he sipped. Her palm was sweating, and her face paled.

'Dylan, uh I'm not feeling well, could you go grab a painkiller inside my car? Here's the key,' she rattled, fishing her car key out of her pouch and hand it to him. He looked concern, but soon, he dashed off. By this time, Kristen's heart rate slowly rise and she grew even paler. She traced behind him, slowly, and cautiously. She exited Starbuck precisely when he was just a few meters away from her car. She spotted him yawning and shaking his head a little, feeling sleepy.