Meetings (and How They Spoil Everything)

Gods don't usually have dreams. It's in the job description, right along with freakish strength and bipolar attitudes.

Then again, since when do I follow rules?

Currently, I was in the Throne Room. Not my favorite place on Olympus, especially when it's occupied.

Now don't get me wrong here, I was paying attention, but after so many 'Mother likes me best' arguments, anyone would find it difficult to have complete focus and still stay sane.

So, as I sat cross-legged on my throne (if you can call it that. My 'throne' was a wooden tri-stool with a sea green cushion on it--comfy but not very, as Athena like to constantly remind me, professional) I slowly drifted off into my thoughts.

Before I could stop myself, I found my mind reopening memories of Annabeth. Everything came pouring out at once-her knowing smile, the way her hands flew when explaining architecture, the automatic habit of pushing her bangs behind her ear, the way her fingers tapped against her thigh when they had nothing to do...

"Percy!" a voice called out, seemingly exasperated.

"Yes..." I looked up sharply for who spoke "Lady Athena?"

"Percy, what were you-" another voice asked.

"Nothing-just...thinking, Father." I answered immediately. More than a few knowing looks fell upon me and I relented a little bit. "About the war."

"Perce, do you know how long it's be-"

"65 years, 11 months, and 12 days... My Lord."

Poseidon sighed and turned away. His gaze rested on Zeus, who cleared his throat awkwardly and returned to his previous statements.

"Um, yes, well-" another throat clearing "-back to the matters at hand then. Like I said, there was a major disturbance in my domain just now, followed by a huge power source. It would seem to me as if this were the works of a-"

"God." Athena finished for him, taking control of the conversation. "But now the question is who. In order to determine this, we first need to determine-"

"Who has control over the skies." I cut in. "It could be one of the Winds."

"No," Zeus sighed, rubbing his face "No, this is different. It wasn't an only a disturbance in the sky, it was an occurrence as well, and not of a Greek--or Roman--origin."

"Well that means-" Artemis started.

"Trouble, yeah, we figured." Apollo supplied impatiently.

"No, guys, you're not getting it." I explained, sitting taller in my seat. "An occurrence. That means that someone is here, someone who's not supposed to be. That spells more than just trouble, this could be disaster. The mortals will be all over this--trust me, it'll be in the papers today--which will bring in demigods, who in turn will attract monsters. Unless we clean this up quick, we are dealing with a crisis on our hands. And that's just assuming this...
occurrence is friendly. "

The fourteen Olympians around me nodded, none denying or objecting to my theory.

"What do you propose?" Hermes asked, the wings on his sandals flapping nervously.

I looked to Athena, who shook her head.

"We send someone in, find this person quickly and bring them in for questioning." She offered. "Otherwise..." She trailed off, looking around the room solemnly.