Don't Let It Get To You -Chapter 1 (?)-

*Aleks' P.O.V

"Eddie?" I call as I walk down the hall from my bedroom. I see his face pop out of his room, headphones around his neck and the cord dangling from them. He must have hurried to the door. Guess I couldn't hide the hurt in my voice.

"I'm sorry, were you recording?" I ask feeling guilty.

"Don't worry about it, what's up?"

"Tiffany.." I reply, my words fading away.

"Shit. Come in."

I enter his room and look around. He was recording.

Puppy Chef lay on his bed, sleeping of course. He sits down beside her and pats the place next to him that isn't engulfed by dog. I take a seat, my head hung low.

"Okay, what happened."

I pause for a moment before saying,

"We broke up" my voice cracking at the word 'broke'.

I lift my head a bit to look at Eddie who wears a sad expression on his face. He pats my back in a kind of soothing way.

"Aleks... Don't let it get to you, okay? You're a fucking great person and I'm sure it wasn't your fault!" He says trying to comfort me.

"I broke up with her" I say keeping my voice emotionless.

"Aha, see? Then it wasn't your fault!" I say nothing in return. I really thought we could work it out. I really thought she was "the one". We both don't talk for awhile and all you can hear are the quiet snores of Chef sleeping next to sly.

"Hey you know what? Fuck it. I'm getting you ice cream. Come on" Eddie says suddenly as he stands up from the bed. I look up at him. Ice cream? At a time like this?

"What?" I reply

"The worldwide known remedy for break ups! Get off your ass and into the car, we'll talk more on the way there" he replies as he reaches out a hand to help me up. I grab it and feel a strange warmth run through me. I quickly let go.