Chapter 1

August 3nd,2013

Dear Kyle,

August 2nd,2013

Dear Kyle,

I haven't been exactly in the best state of mind. Ever since you left me, I haven't felt true happiness. Yeah, sure I put on a smile for Mom and Dad when I need to but that's only to keep them away from sending me to a therapist or something. So yes, I'm writing to you. I saw it in a movie, I think? Apparently it helps. So here we go.

I have about 12-13 days until school starts again. People say senior year is the best year of your life, I just wish you were here to live it with me. It's like high schoolers have no hearts. They feel no emotion so they pick on people not knowing how much it hurts. So my goal is to blend in. Try not to make myself stand out amongst the others. I'll just be like the other lost souls making my way through the crummy years of high school.

It didn't use to suck though, but now that your not here, I'm all alone. No friends, no acquaintances, no one. Blending in is my only shot to make it this year, but good ol' Kylie Ashe isn't going to let that happen. She's your typical mean girl. Her she-devil personality is covered up by her Sephora Lipgloss and designer clothes. She may look like a nice person, but if you get in her way, she will ruin you, and make you loathe ever existing. I haven't done anything to offend her, but she's my biggest concern. She knows I'm vulnerable and an easy target. I wish you were here to tell her off for me..like before. Remember when we use to pretend she had horns coming out of her head whenever she got mad? Or how she had a pitchfork hidden in her Louis Vuitton purse? You always knew how to make me laugh. I'll just think of those times while she socially tries to ruin me. I miss you so much Kyle. It almost seems...unreal. I just hope I can make it this year without you.

Love,

Cassie Xx

I close my book and put it on my night stand. It's going to be a long school year.