2: Questions & strange answers

THIS HASN'T BEEN EDITED YET!

__________________________________________

"You're my mate." He repeated,but I still didn't get what he meant.

Did he want to be friends? He did say mate so he must want to. He's a little forward but I guess it's alright.

I smiled at him,"Sure,we can be friends."

Archer laughed,only without the humor.

"You think I want to be friend's with you?" He asked rather rudely.

I scrunched up my eyebrows and poked him in the chest,"Well fine then! Next time don't call me your bloody mate then!" I shouted in his face then managed to wiggle out of his trap. I stomp off and turn a corner trying my best not to run into anyone.

I was angry and confused. He called me his mate and then he says that he doesn't want to be friends? What the hell did he mean then. What a weirdo.

I stopped in front of a classroom door that I noticed was my next class. I walked in and plopped myself down in a chair with a huff.

The rest of the day drawled on quite slowly,especially at lunch when I refused to go in at the chance that I may see that Archer character again so I stayed in the library and secretly ate a protein bar behind a book.

I walked back home and I had no trouble finding my way back.

I walked inside and slipped my shoes off at the front door then made my way upstairs but stopped when I saw two figures before I had headed up the stairs.

I turned around and saw Lulu and Oscar waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs with unreadable expressions planted on their faces.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. I leaned against the railing staring at them expectantly because the look on their faces told me something was wrong.

Lulu smiled a small sad smile and gestured with her hand for me to come down.

I did as she asked,but looked between the both of them curiously and repeated my question.

"We'll explain in the car." Lulu replied,still avoiding my question.

I held my bag tightly to my stomach nervously and followed them both out the door and to their car. I climbed into the back seat and plugged in my seat belt.

Oscar started the car and drove onto the road.

"Where are we going?"

"We're taking you to the Mason's home,that way they can help us explain something very important to you." She explained. I raised an eyebrow in curiosity but didn't go deeper into the subject since I'll obviously find out in just a moment.

"Lulu?" I asked. She turned around in her chair and frowned at me calling her lulu but nodded for me to continue,"I ran into a guy today who told me he was my mate,but then he said he didn't want to be friends. I've lived in England my whole life and when you say mate it means friends but it might mean something else here,am I right?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Oh." Lulu looked surprised at this and I became more confused when she exchanged a nervous glance with Oscar. "Well sweetie, that's one of the topics that we will have to discuss with the Mason's."

I nodded in acceptance to the answer although that just made me more and more curious. Who were the Mason's and why were they so important that my grandparents needed to talk with them about me?