"Two men look out the same prison bars; One sees mud and the other stars."

So I'm listening to "Thinking Out Loudby Ed Sheeran while I write and I am just ugh. I'm listening to a relationship song playlist on Spotify, which may or may not effect my writing. SO BE WARNED . I am definitely in my feelings right now. Anyways enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to star, comment, and even add my story to your list. It means an awful lot to an aspiring writer ! I forget to star chapters sometimes so I'm just putting it out there... BLAH BLAH ANYWAYS I'LL SHUTTUP NOW AND START WITH THE STORY.

k, bye.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the drive from the lake wasn't too long. It was mostly quiet, only interrupted by the sounds of the sheriff cursing under his breath every time we hit a bump on the road.  I guess it agitated his neck or something. We seemed to hit a lot of bumps, I think Thomas was purposely doing that. 

There where a couple of times when Thomas caught my eye in the rearview mirror. It's not that I wanted to look at him but his stare was so agitating. I kept having the feeling you get when someone is staring directly at you but you aren't looking at them. Every time I met his eyes he would look away. As if I could not tell.

We eventually drove around the back of the station. Thomas parked the car in the spot reserved for the sheriff. As soon as he put the car into park, two officers came out the back door of the station. They headed over to he car and stood patiently waiting outside. No doubt eagerly waiting to escort me into the holding cell inside.

The sheriff opened the door and groaned as he got out. The other officers where there in a flash. They attacked the sheriff with multiple questions about what happened, who hurt him, and if the arrest was a success. The sheriff huffed and told them to shuttup and get me out the back.

I visibly tensed up.

"Just don't try and resist Nova. It won't be that bad if you just go along with it" Thomas said hoarsely.

I glanced at him in the rearview mirror. His eyes where cloudy and I couldn't read them.

One of the officers opened my door and told me to get out. I somehow managed to get out without their help. As soon as I got out the officer who told me to get out old me to start walking. He stepped to the side to clear a path. The other officer looked unsure. He stepped back when the other officer gave me a rude look.

Why weren't they trying to hold my hands behind my back or restrain me? I looked to Thomas who had gotten out the car. He looked confused.

I had barely walked 5 feet when the meaner officer stuck his foot out and tripped me. With my hands behind my back I couldn't brace myself for the fall. I grimaced as my face fell straight onto the gravel. I let my body collapse to the ground. I lied there, unmoving. I was too tired to get myself up. I heard someone walk away.

The officer who tripped me laughed a cruel laugh. I figured Thomas would help me up but I was surprised when I saw that the other officer was actually the one who helped me to my feet.

"Was that really necessary Jim?" the officer asked.

"Of course it was Joe. I'm only getting her warmed up for what's to come" the officer who I now knew was named Jim said.

I looked around for Thomas but I couldn't find him on the lot anymore.

Nice.

The nicer officer, Joe, led me to the back door and waited as Jim opened it for us. I made sure to grin at Jim as Joe moved me through the door. Jim narrowed his eyes at me.