XIV.

The fifteen year old girl felt nostalgic once she stepped onto Corellian lands for the first time since she had left around nine years ago. She hasn't been to her home planet ever since the day Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan found her in the streets, sensing just how strong the Force was within the young street thief and decided to take them under their wing to train as a Jedi apprentice, just like her mother once was.

Layna was sent to the planet of Corellia along with her Master Sola to meet with one of the many supporters of the Jedi, as this supporter had information vital to the Council. She wasn't informed what the Council plans to do with this information, or whatever this information is supposed to be about, but she doesn't dare question the orders given to her.

Layna wasn't the same girl she was years ago, she was already growing into a mature Padawan whose skills are fine-tuned to perfection. She knew that she was nearing the end of her training, and it might be at most four years until she is ready to take the trials to become a full-fledged Jedi Knight. Becoming a Jedi Knight has been her dream for a while now, and she is almost ready to finally make that dream come true, for her sake and her mother's.

"Layna, stay close," Master Sola had instructed the girl, who nodded in response to her Master's words. Although she finally grew out of her mischievous self during her transition to a lady, she never could find herself to rid of her adventurous side. She's always loved going to new places and exploring them, and she craves all the action and the thrills in every mission.

"Yes, Master," the fifteen year old replied, as the two females began to made their way through the town in order to get to the supporter's home. Her Master told her that this meeting will be done in the supporter's home, as it would be far more convenient for them and they could get the privacy they needed. She wasn't informed about the supporter's address, nor their identity, but she didn't need to ask. She would just see for herself when they got there.

The young girl took in all of the new sights around town, noting the places and the structures that have changed and those that haven't in the past nine years she was absent from the planet. Even though she knew that this was a mission, she couldn't help the ever curious side of her study every little thing about her surroundings.

She took notice of the various beings whose heads would turn as they pass by, knowing that she and her Master were indeed Jedi. She kept her head held high, smirking as she sensed the awe, the curiosity and the fear instilled in each being they passed. She never would have imagined that she could ever have this effect on people, because the last time she was ever in the streets of Corellia, she was frowned upon and everyone saw her as a scoundrel and a rascal. She was always looked down on as a thief back then, but now she commanded different emotions in people and no one could ever look down on her again. It made her feel good, knowing that she managed to get the respect of quite a few Corellians thanks to Master Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

"Mind your emotions, young one. I understand how it feels to be above those who used to look down on you, but please do control your pride," she heard her Master say, and she mumbled a reply under her breath, lowering her head slightly as she followed her Master silently through the streets of Corellia.

After a few turns and about fifteen minutes of walking around, the teenage girl found herself in the area of her old home. This was the area where she used to live as a thief, in a small, abandoned structure that was destroyed ages ago by some kind of conflict between two aliens. She looked around warily, her dark eyes studying her surroundings as she walked through the streets.

Seeing as she grew up in this particular area, which was fairly close to the Corellian market (since she also needed a place to steal her food after all), she was very aware just how dangerous this part of town is. If one wasn't careful when passing through here, they would end up beaten to a pulp by one of the gangs located near here ot you lose money from the loitering thieves like she used to be.