07 - Movement

...

Aisha grinned at her mischievously. She loudly clapped her hands in front of the Red Knight's face, withdrawing them back to her side afterwards, causing the redhead to flinch, a puzzled expression plastered. Continuing with the confused knight's conversation, she proceeded on, giggling along the way.

"Just kidding~ Glad you're still as alert and attentive as always, Elesis! Jokes aside, his state of judgement at the moment should still remain abstain. Though I can't really predict what will happen at this point in time, give it a few days, and I should be able to come to some sort of calculated guess. Or you'll figure it out before I do, whatever works! I mean, you are a good partner for this task."

Elesis nodded at her rambling, not very pleased at her so-called 'joke'. "I would like to ask of you to take things seriously next time, though..."

"You see! That's exactly why I did it. Or at least, something along those lines. I know this is a serious kind-of thing, but you're uptight 24/7! Now, onto a different topic." she paused, biting her lip.

The Void Princess regained her stern composure, or at least the closest she could get to it. (She wasn't a strict type of person, unlike the Grand Master.) "Why... do you think they chose us, the Search Party Officers of Justice, specifically this division, to monitor Add when it's obvious that we'd be biased to his favor? It's just an open-ended question, but I'm curious. What would've happened if he was passed onto a different division, filled with strangers? Would he have truly been marked 'guilty'? Do you think they're trying to train us more, so that we wouldn't be so emotionally attached? Or is it a test? A test to shove all of those feelings of camaraderie aside?"

Elesis pondered for a while. "'Guilty'? It is up to his actions to determine so. Though we may be biased to him, if he truly had the wrong intentions, then it would be the clear decision for him to face the punishment that he deserves. Yes, some of us, may need more training in this field of abandoning those close to us for the sake of this 'justice', but, I wouldn't call this a test. His actions, your actions, my actions... our actions; will determine the outcome of this story, wouldn't you think? Only fate knows what the ending result will be. That's my answer."

"I guess so. Jeez, you're always sounding like such an admirable individual, in which you are. A true 'leader' kind of person, Elesis! Well, it's to be expected from the one and only Grand Master." she smiled, rubbing her hands together. "Ufufu... Speaking of tests, here's a surprise fitness-test!"

Aisha had leaped onto Elesis' back, forcing the knight to hold her in a piggy-back formation.

"Into the house, and up the stairs we go! I'm sure you have tons of upper-body strength, considering that gigantic claymore you wield!" the mage cheered.

The redheaded female simply sighed, twitching from slight frustration. "You're heavier than you look." she muttered, carrying her as they entered the house once more.

~

Meanwhile, the main pair had been awkwardly sitting beside each other on the couch of the living room, exchanging glances and accidental eye-contact every few seconds. Ara wasn't particularly feeling comfortable, though it couldn't have been called discomfort, either. It was in between, for several reasons. She hesitated on what to say to Add, she wanted to start a small chat so that she wouldn't seem too rude.

"So, um..." she started, her eyes glued to the floor from nervousness.

"What?" he blandly responded, his gaze now stuck onto her presence.

There was yet another silence, when Aren saved the day (again), by coming out of the kitchen with their snacks and goodies.

"Here you go. My apologies for taking so long, but feel free to help yourselves!" he kindly smiled.

As the purplish-red duo had ascended up the staircase, Aisha immediately hopping off of Elesis' back, running out of her grasp to jump, sitting onto the couch with the other two in an extremely childish manner. "Sorry for taking so long! You guys seemed to have bonded well, though!" she joked, referring to Ara and Add's relationship.

"What are you, five?" the Grand Master rolled her eyes, making her way to sit down beside the group.

The platter Aren prepared had a stunning variety of food, varying from healthy delights to sweet treats. There were visually-pleasing veggies taking the shape of animals, such as giraffes and aquatic whales made of carrots and celery sticks. On the sweet side stood chocolate covered cats, dogs, and birds. The main theme of the snack dish seemed to have been cutesy animals.

Immediately, Ara and Add had reached for a milk-chocolate piece in the shape of a kitten. Though before they were able to grab the figure, their hands touched.

...