Chapter 1- Those white Vans

It all started with those god damn white Vans. Just a god damn pair of shoes. Of course, they looked good. Everything looked good on Daniel. I just didn't notice before. Before he starts wearing those white Vans.

Daniel and I have been best friends since pre-school. We've always had each other's back, always been here for each other. We were best buddies, and we still are. We are 14 and 15 now, and we still go to the same school, attend the same classes, practice the same sports. We're basically part of each other's life. No homo.

Er. I least I thought.

It happened last monday. As usual, I was waiting for Daniel in front of the school's doors. As usual, he was kind of late. As usual, he arrived at school with his hazel hair kind of messy, and his smile kind of cute. Wait. What ? As soon as he reached the doors, I noticed something different. Something wasn't ''as usual''. And then i saw them. The white Vans. Daniel was wearing white Vans.

" - Hey Josh, Daniel said as soon as he arrived by my side.
- Damn, Daniel. I said, my gaze focused on his new shoes.
- Oh, you noticed ! he said with a smile.
How could I possibly not ? I thought, flustered.
- They look good, I said a few seconds later. "

My best friend smiled at me and headed to our first class. I didn't know, back then, that those white Vans would change every single piece of my life.