Chapter 2- Something changed

Something changed. I knew it. I didn't know what it was. Maybe the fact that i couldn't stop staring at Daniel all day long, watching him writing down on his copybook, walking through the hallway, laughing with our friends. Maybe the fact that whatever my best friend did, it always managed to make me smile. Maybe the fact that whenever Daniel would catch me red-handed glancing at him, I would just blush and turn my gaze away.

The last period of the day finally ended and Daniel and I were walking to our locker, chatting like the two buddies we were. Buddies. Yeah.

" - So Josh, I'll be home alone tomorrow night, want to come over ? Just tell your parents that we have homework to do.''
It took me a few seconds to answer him.
"- Yeah, sure. I'll be there."
Daniel smiled at me. We headed back home chatting about skate, teachers or summer plans. My stomach seemed to be melting and fizzing at the same time, which was quite a weird and pleasant thrill I've never felt before.

Yeah, something definitely changed.

The day after, Daniel was again wearing his white Vans. Damn. Damn. Damn, Daniel. This is all I could think about when he arrived at school with a bright smile on his face. We talked a bit as we headed to the hallway. My mind was busy, focusing on Daniel's stunning outfit highlighted by his white Vans. Damn, Daniel.

The day slowly passed, and all i kept thinking was I was staying at Daniel's place tonight. I think I was a little too focused on my thoughts, because I tripped over a rock on my way to the Gymnasium for P.E. class. Fortunately, Daniel was walking right besides me and held me strongly so I didn't fall. The time stopped. All I was seeing was his fist clenched on my jacket, his tensed arms muscles and his face so close to mine. I couldnt breathe. It felt like evetything around us was freezed, like it was all about Daniel, his white Vans and me. Heaven.

Unfortunately, it didn't last forever.

"- Wow, easy, Josh. You almost fell, buddy.
- Damn Daniel. I whispered as I hardly swallowed my saliva.
- You okay ? He asked with a bit of concern in his voice.
- Yeah, don't worry." I turned my gaze away, blushing.

We arrived at the gymnasium and walked in the locker room as usual. A lot of guys were already there, changing into their sport clothes. I took off clothes and put on a tank top, my sweatpants and some sketchers. When I was done changing, I glanced at Daniel. Damn.

He was already wearing sport shorts and sketchers. A piece of my heart died when I saw the white Vans alone on the floor. But as soon as I turned my glance up, I felt my whole body burning. Daniel was shirtless, looking for his sport shirt in his backpack. His muscles were slightly tighting everytime he moved. He was fascinating.

"- Damn, Daniel." I whispered, quite turned on.

He looked at me and arched an eyebrow.

"- What did you say ?" he smirked.
- Nothing, er, i'm..."

Oh shit. Now this is awkward.

Daniel kept staring at me a few seconds and turned his gaze away. Damn Daniel. Damn.