ZERO

⊗ ⊗ ⊗ ⊗ ⊗

ZERO; GUARDIAN

     GABRIELLE ABERLONGUE held her child close to her chest, taking deep breaths as the baby slept silently. Her husband, Theo, was glancing over at her shoulder, attempting to memorize the details of his child's face before he had to escape.

     "Are you sure we can trust her?" Gabrielle whispers, fingers moving to push a strand of hair away from her baby's face. "I won't just put Ethan in anyone's hands."

     "She's a Storm," Theo explains, trying to hold back his tears. He couldn't bear to leave his child in this state, but he had no other choice. "She was raised to protect others. She's already been assigned to protect Ethan, no matter what happens to us."

     "And what will happen to us?"

     The question lingers in the air before there's a pounding on the door, snapping both Shadowhunters out of their small reverie. Jocelyn Fray enters the home once Theo opens the door, dressed in a black hoodie that covers one side of her face. Her eyes are frantic, sending Gabrielle into a deeper state of panic.

     "They're on their way. If you're planning on leaving, you must do it now, and you must be quick," Jocelyn mumbles.

     Theo is already in motion, slinging bags with their belongings inside over his shoulder. "Gab, let Jocelyn have him." Everyone can hear the crack in his voice, and they can sense his pain over leaving his only son.

     Gabrielle takes one last look at him before handing him over to Jocelyn. She kisses Ethan's forehead, bottom lip trembling and tears threatening to spill over her eyes.

     "Take care of him and remember, he must not know."

     Jocelyn nodded, watching as her two friends disappeared into the night, their hands clutched together. She looked down at their child — his dark, curly locks resembling his mother's. His fingers were latched onto Theo's golden ring, a family heirloom passed down generation after generation.

     Jocelyn brushed the hair away from the baby's face, a smile creeping upon her lips. Knowing fellow Shadowhunters were about to come through the door, she covered his face and escaped from the deserted home.

     As the baby began to wail, she shushed him softly. "It's alright, Ethan. You'll be in safe hands soon."

i love troye sivan sm and i'm so glad i can make a fanfic with him as the faceclaim