The date

Kankri's POV

I walked home, thinking about Cronus and Karkat.

I really hope that this date will distract Karkat from...this. My illness, this cancer, it's hurting Karkat more than its killing me.

Karkat doesn't even yell at me like he use too. He's calm and quiet, doesn't even fight anymore with me. He's been checking up on me. Making me take pills, making me clean less, making me not make dinner.

I know he's worried about me, and I'm grateful...really.

I sighed and opened the door of our house. My father was home, he's been home now since we all found out. But he ignores it, acts like I never was diagnosed with leukemia. I guess it's way of coping.

"Father?"

"Hmm?"

"You picked up Karkat correct?"

"Yes I did, he's in his room doing homework."

I smiled softly, father is a good man. He help anyone he can, and cares for everything. But... He isn't so kindly to homosexuals. It's hard for Karkat and I to keep a secret from him. I like both boys and girls, mostly boys. But Karkat, he's loves boys.

"What would you like for diner father?" My father doesn't really know how to cook, only I do. And yes, we had mother but walked out on us. She did most of the cooking. But I cook for now...or so I did.

"Hmm you choose kankri, I'm not picky." Smiled my dad as sat himself on the wore out couch.

"Father, I was thinking maybe me and Karkat could go to the fall Carnival. If that's ok." As I waited for an answer.

"We'll both you and Karkat have been doing well in school and been doing your chores. You both can go." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

I walked away to Karkat's room and knock on his door."Karkat? May I come in?" Karkat soon open the door and gave me a nod. "Yea sure.."

I walked in and smiled at him "Well I have two questions."

"What are they?"

"First, what would you like for dinner? And two, would you like to go to the carnival with me-"

"You can't make dinner, your sick you need your damn rest and have you took your pills?" Karkat had a stern look on his face.

"I don't mind Karkat, really. Now would you like to go to the carnival with eridan, Cronus, and I tomorrow?"

"But-"

"No buts, father said yes that we can go and call."

He looked at me, I smiled at him. Hearing a sigh from him.

"Fine but, if I go. You must take your pills and we will have fucking take out instead." I sigh knowing Karkat's stubbornness will get the best of me and nodded.

"So..Chinese?"

He nodded and walked over to me and hugged me."...I don't want you to go.." My heart ache, I felt tears burning to come out. "I know..."

-----

Friday

Me and Karkat waited for Cronus to get here. Just like me he was wearing his hoodie.

"How long are they gonna fuck-"

"Aye Kanny and little Kanny!!" As Cronus rolled up from our drive way.