Chapter 13

Hey guys ,sorry for the late update again but here you go now :))

Enjoy (:

 Chapter 13 

I was impatiently waiting. I don’t think I have ever been like this before. I was pacing back and forth in my little office.

After what Matt told me yesterday about Ryan, Andrea’s father, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. How can anyone be so selfish and cruel? I have to help get Matt out of Ryan’s control. But how?

Matt told me Ryan was coming here since partially owned this business. I’d love to punch the guy as soon as I see him but I can’t do that because technically he is my boss.

Matt told me Ryan was a good friend to Matt’s father, and after he died Ryan took care of Matt’s family; financially supporting the family until giving him a job. But later that year, he started blaming Matt for his own wife’s death. He became an alcoholic and a drug addict and has threatened Matt’s career and family. I told Matt to tell his mum about Ryan but he says she won’t believe him because she trusts Ryan more than anything because he helped them when they needed it most.

Matt said that it was Ryan who wanted Andrea and Matt to get married so he told Matt’s Mum and they agreed.

So Matt can’t do anything and if he does anything he will lose everything he has, even his family because Ryan is that powerful that he will be able to do anything he promises.

But the thing I don’t get is why does Ryan blame Matt for his wife’s death, it’s not like he killed her.

I was still pacing back and forth in my office when I heard someone knocking on my door.

“Come in” I said

“Hey, brought you some food” Jack said

He was wearing a tight black jeans and a white t-shirt. His hair was messy and looked like he just showered, which made him look even hotter. I tried to stop myself looking at him up and down but I just couldn’t help.

“Hey, you can check me out later, but now your lunch is getting cold” he said grinning.

I blushed. I decided to ignore his comment because of the smell that was coming from the food he brought. I didn’t realise I was that hungry.

“Is that all for me?” I asked

“No, it’s for your twin” he said joking

“No need to be sarcastic about it, well, what do you have there?”

“You favourite, pizza” his said still grinning

“How did you know that it’s my favourite?”

 “Are you just going to ask questions or should I take the food back?”

“No, no” I said and grabbed the bag from Jack’s hand and started to walk towards the table.

Jack was laughing at my reaction but I didn’t care. I was too hungry to care and it was so sweet of him to bring me lunch! It’s like he knows when I get hungry.

“Do you want some?” I asked

“No, I am fine, I already ate”

“Thanks Jack for the lunch and the other day for dropping me home, I owe you”

“Hmm that you do, how about a dinner?” he asked, I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Did he just ask me out? Wow, I never expected that.

“Umm” I said not knowing what to say.