Chapter 1 ~ Feelings

Late in the night, the raven haired man sat at his desk - as usual - he had been for the past four days. A dim source of light from the computer screen illuminated the room as he sat in his uncomfortable looking position with his knees pulled to his chest and his back hunched over he seemingly worked. 

Not exactly the image you would imagine when thinking of the worlds top detective, L. A matter of fact, the worlds top three leading detectives.

As the detective sat at his desk eating from a range of sweets - which he obviously absolutely adored - a brunetted teen laid on one side of the bed, trying to sleep. Though, it proved to be impossible. Due to the rustling of the sweet wrappers... and the fact that the chained handcuffs that linked the two of them kept tugging on their wrists every time L moved.
This caused the brunette to sigh in frustration. 'Is he ever going to sleep?' As a student trying to balance work as well school, he really needed his sleep.

The student glanced over the the other man before looking away due to the blinding light. Maybe it was just best to ignore him and shut his eyes.

Rustle.

Ignore it. He will stop soon. Surely.

Tug.

Any minute now.

Tap.

The teen sighed. Usually he was more patient; but L hadn't slept in a number of days and it really began to take a toll on him as well. Looking over to L once more, he gently yanked on the chain to get the detectives attention.

"What is it Light?" questioned L, looking over to the teen with his shadowed, panda like eyes.

"If you're not going to sleep, at least keep the noise down so I can." Light answered tiredly. How could L not be exhausted after no sleep for days? To him, it would be impossible. But then again, L never seemed to things within the ordinary.

"Yes. Sorry Light." Once said, L stopped rustling the wrappers, tugging the chain and tapping the keyboard... For approximately 15 seconds before he was at it again.

Damnit.

Light groaned in annoyance. Seriously? Not even for a minute? He looked back over at the ravenette, who was now had his back to him. Eyeing him up and down in annoyance, but the feeling quickly faded when he noted how loose the detectives plain white shirt hung on his small frame. He looked up to his neck - his skin. 'I wonder what it would - no - what the hell am I thinking? I'm just tired... That's all. I need sleep.' Thought Light, as he tossed over in the bed, so he was facing away from L, and he tried to sleep. His thoughts were purely ridiculous. He was just tired and hadn't seen Misa is quite some time.

Though, the rustling from the sweet wrappers still rung in his ears, as well as his own thoughts, echoing in his mind. He couldn't think of L in that way. L would never like him in that way. To the detective, Light was Kira - a mass murder that he despised. And nothing else. That's all that he was.

But... Maybe... There was a possibility... A small one... But a possibility nonetheless... it was pointless to even try. But Light seemed too tired to even care. He carefully turned to stand up before he walked over to L, who of which ignored him at first. The teen glanced over the detectives shoulder. Of course, it was the Kira Case that was keeping them both up.

"Hey... L?"

"Yes, Light?"

A/N: Hey! Thanks for reading! I'm still debating whether to continue this or leave it as a one shot Cx *^* idk yet. Should I continue or leave it?

Also this chapter has been heavily editing recently! Sorry!