Chapter Forty

Its been 6 years, since we went to that city. Since I was temporarily reunited with my brother. Since I learned my brother isn't human anymore and is a monster.

Cormac and I have become like siblings, we act like it. It started when I came back, thanking him for taking care of the animals ams all that jazz. I was really looking for a new brother figure I guess and went straight to Cormac...

Darren is like 13 now, and I am 20 Evra is 22. Wow, that is so weird!

Darren and I are still best friends, but Evra and I are not as close anymore, we are still close but not as we used to. My love for Darren has shrunk a little over the years, what do you expect though? I still love him, just not quite the same, he is a teenager after all and I'm an adult.

Darren and I have been hunting for the Little People, we let Evra go and do his own thing.

Speaking of hunting, I'm sorry to say but Scar and Pen have died a couple years back, like one or two.

Pen wandered into the city the Cirque was staying near and got ran over by a train.

A month later Scar, Nona, and I were hunting and Scar ran ahead, we heard a gun shot and ran to where he would be, but we were too late and he was shot. The hunters weren't sorry, they said it is illegal to keep wolves as pets. (Which it isn't.)

Nona is still here with me, though she will disappear every now and then. It's fine, so far she has always come back, but I know eventually she will leave for real and I won't fight it, of course I'll still be sad though.

Mr. Tall gave me my own tent when I turned 18 two years ago. It was my birthday present. He said "You are an adult now, it is unlady like to stay with two men."

Anyway, I am in my tent right now, texting Steve for the first time in a few months. When I saw moving from in front of my tent. I go and see who is there, it's a Little Person. I look at it, confused, usually if they were hungry they would wait for us to leave our tents or van.

It starts walking away, it has a limp. I assumed it wanted me to follow it, so I did. I am obviously slightly scared and uneasy. The Little People don't talk or interact with any of the members if the Cirque so this is pretty bizarre. We got to Mr. Tall's van and I went in, already knowing what lay behind the doors, Mr. Tiny.

The short fat brightly dressed mystery man sat behind the tall circus owners desk as if it were his own. He had his arms folded overtop of the brown wooden chunk of wood and he watched me walk in.

"Hello Miss Alicia, long time no see." Mr. Tiny says, smiling an evil smile.

"Yes, it has been awhile." I say, holding back the fear in my voice as I sit in a seat.

"How have you been lately?"

"Ju-Just fine." I nod my head.

"Are you planning your future well? A husband? Kids?"

"Not yet, but I'm sure I'll try to find someone soon..."

"Maybe you'll go back home?"

"I'm sorry....but do you actually care about what you're asking? I mean...you're such a busy man, you can't really have time to worry about me."