Chapter 6

It's been a week now since that day happened. Marcel has been off school and he wont answer his phone or texts. Harry though is opposite. We've met up quite a lot and he's different than I imagined. Oh and I also made a new friend!! Her names Annie and she was new to the school. She's nothing like me but she said she didn't want to hang around with popular people and we've become really close. Me and her hang around whenever I'm not with Harry and vice versa. So it's been a great week so far, except you know, the Marcel thing. I still don't understand why he wont talk to me though.

"Hey Lily, what you thinking about?" Annie asked as we sat at lunch. I just said it was nothing and went back to eating my sandwich. We sat and talked about Prom which was coming up and she kept going on about how she was so excited.

"Who are you going with?" I asked. Her eyes lit up and she pointed across the room to a very familiar guy.

"I'm going with Logan, he's so sweet and he asked me yesterday" she said. I recognised him as parcel guy. He saw her looking at her and came over.

"Hey Annie, hey Lily" he said as he sat with Annie. He kissed her cheek and I smiled but felt a little third-wheeled.

"Well this is a surprise" I said and laughed lightly, trying to break the awkwardness.

"Speaking of surprises, your boyfriends here" Logan said as he looked across the room. I saw Marcel walk through the doors and walk over to the table. Logan was talking to Annie so Marcel didn't notice.

"Hey Lily, sorry I've been sick, how are you? Who are these people?" he asked as he walked over and sat with us.

"Uh it's okay, I'm good and this is my new friend Annie and her boyfriend Logan" I said as they both turned round to face us. "Guys this is Marcel" I said mainly to Annie. She smiled and said a quick hello. He said a hi back but his face tensed as he saw Logan.

"Hey Marcel, great to meet you, wow you look really familiar, do I know you from somewhere?" Logan asked. Marcel's eyes had narrowed and his fists were clenched. We were all confused when he just stood up and left.

"I'll go see if he's okay" I quickly mumbled as I went after him. Unfortunately he was a fast walker so it was hard to catch up. I shouted on him as he walked but he completely ignored me.

"What is your problem!" I almost screamed as I caught up with him. We ended up on top of the hill where we used to sit. He just sat with a straight face and ignored me. "Logan's just trying to be nice to you" I said a little quieter. I sat  across from him and looked into his eyes but instantly regretted it. They were so full of hurt and anger. He looked down at his feet and shook his head.

"You don't understand" Marcel whispered and I could barely even hear it. "He isn't how he seems, he's dangerous but I guess along with that other girl you've fallen for him as well, it's over now" he continued. His voice didn't seem the same, it seemed more dangerous and deep than it usually is.

"What do you mean? I don't understand" I said as he finally looked me in the eyes. He sighed and played with a bit of grass.

"Lily, I've been lying to everyone here, there's something you should know about me but no one else does, it's the only reason I'm Marcel" he told me in dead seriousness.

"Okay go on" I said quietly.

"Lily I'm not who you think I am, I'm actually-"

The bell cut off the rest of his sentence and he looked confused but quickly realised we were still in school.

"I'll explain later" he promised me and I nodded as we made our way to class.

***

"I'm so sorry but I have to go deal with a family thing" Marcel told me. I nodded and said it was fine. He hugged me and then ran off.

"Hey Lily, do you want to go shopping for prom dresses? It's in like 2 weeks now" Annie asked as she approached me. I just nodded and followed her to her car. It felt weird having a girl-friend because I had no one and then it was just me and Marcel but now its Annie as well. I was still not planning on going to prom but I decided to wait until she got her dress before I told her.

We pulled up at the mall and Annie practically skipped in, me following behind her. We went into the first dress shop we saw and Annie squealed in delight. It was so colourful and girly but I didn't like it. Usually I like girly stuff but this was pushing it.

"Oh my gosh this place is perfect, look at all the dresses, they're gorgeous" Annie squealed. It hurt my ears a little but I made sure not to let it show until she wasn't looking at me.

I decided to look around anyway since the place was gorgeous and the dresses were absolutely stunning.

"Annie what about this one? It matches your eye colour" I said bringing out a deep blue dress. It was a ball gown that came to about knee length and had jewels all over it, making it an eye catcher. It was simply beautiful and I don't think she could find another one.

"Oh wow that is absolutely perfect, I need to try it on, what size is it?" she asked.

"Uhm a 10" I managed to say after ruffling around with it.

"Oh and it's my size as well, it's like it was made for me" she squealed and I laughed at how excited she sounded. She grabbed it off me and ran off to the changing rooms and I followed. As I walked with her we passed the cash desk and the cashier was trying to hold in her laughter but she wasn't very good at it. It made me smile and when we got to the changing rooms I was immediately sat on a chair as she ran in and shut the curtain over. Oh the joys of going shopping with girls.

"What do you think?" Annie asked as she stepped out and done a little twirl. My eyes widened and my mouth opened.

"Wow, that is actually the most perfect dress I've ever saw, you need to get that" I told her honestly. I couldn't even imagine a better dress than that one.

"I'm definitely getting it, I don't want another one, this is perfect. You're a genius Lily " Annie squealed again. God this girl gets way too excited. She quickly got changed and practically ran to the counter with me laughing behind her.

"That's £92.25" the cashier said and Annie put in her credit card. The woman told her to take it out after putting the pin in and she gave Annie the bag and a receipt before we thanked her and walked out.

"Can we go get a drink? I'm thirsty and then after it we can get everything else?" Annie asked. I happily nodded and we went to a little smoothie café and ordered our stuff before sitting at a little table.

***

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU AREN'T GOING TO PROM" Annie screamed when I told her. By now everyone was staring at her but it didn't even look like she cared.

"I'm kinda busy that night" I told her quietly, not wanting anymore unwanted attention.

"WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT THAN PROM" she shouted again.

"Uhm it's just a family thing" I told her, using the same excuse as I did for parcel g- Logan.

"I'm sure they'll understand" she told me, finally lowering her voice.

"No you don't understand, it's different, I can't miss it" I told her.

"Fine, I guess I'll just tell you how fun it was instead of you seeing it yourself" she mumbled but bitterness was evident in her voice.

"Yeah I guess" I mumbled, not wanting to start anything.

What do you guys think? I tried to make it as long as I could but I'm not sure if it's long enough to make up for the last chapter. Anyway I might be able to update by Tuesday but If not it will have to be next weekend. Sorry about it but I don't really have a choice. So yeah any chance of a vote or comment? Picture at the side of Annie's prom dress. I thought it was beautiful. ->->->->