Promises (Starshipping Fan-Fiction)

Title: Promises

Pairing: Starshipping

Authors: AbridgedJadenYuuki/(a.k.a me) (◇) & AbridgedYuseiFudo (◆)

Disclaimer: We do not own the Doujinshi used as the picture, the Vocaloid song, or anything major in the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. This is a fan-fiction set in an alternate universe known as the regular world. (Where the fate of the world does not rest on the outcome of a single card-game, and where the color of your jacket does not determine your worth.)

A/N: Hiiiiii. Uhm. Here's another fluffy story! Even if you aren't a fan of this shipping or Yu-Gi-Oh! in general, you should still check out it out.~ The story is really cute; that's why Yus & I roleplayed it! Yup. Here is the product of our work, & I hope you will all enjoy it. Warning: It's Shounen Ai. Don't like, don't read. ~ The rest of you, read on!

-AbridgedJadenYuuki

★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓★〓

Prologue: The Promise We Made That Day

                  "Judai-San," I, a young boy at that time, bravely ventured to ask, "When I grow older, will you marry me?" Maybe it was my naivety that caused me to say such a thing, without the slightest falter on my serious face, but my love was genuine. I knew that much.

                  Judai-San respected that, and his gentle smile warmed my heart instantly. He placed the sack that he used as a suitcase on the ground and ruffled my hair as he leaned forward saying, "Yusei, if you still love me when you grow up, then sure I will.~"

                  I blushed and quickly asserted remarks to say that I would in order to seemingly boost my resolution. I was eight back when I first watched him come and then leave for his new high-school. And though I had to watch him walk away, I kept his last words to me in my heart and cherished them dearly.

                  And soon, time passed, with the memories of our promise fading through it.

                  However, I never forgot it.

 ◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆

Chapter 1: Ten Years Later

            I heard a knock at my door, and I quickly scrambled to my feet to shout over the television that I was coming. When I opened the door, wondering who could have visited me so early in the morning, I was extremely surprised to find a tall, handsome stranger in front of me.

           "Ah . . yo," I greeted casually. "Can I help you?"

           He smiled at the sight of me, and then he quickly nodded his head in a bow, "I'm sorry for intruding, Judai-San."

           "It's fine . . but, uhm, do you mind if I ask how you know my name?" I asked a bit puzzled with my hand not yet leaving the doorknob as a precaution.

           However, he didn't seem the least bit affected by the suspicion in my voice and quickly answered, "I'm the young boy you met ten years ago, Judai-San, when you stayed at my parent's house for boarding school."

            I blinked as a vague memory of a little boy flashed back into my mind. "It can't be . . . Yusei?!"

           "Oh, you do remember," he jovially smiled. Then he placed his hand on mine, removing it from the knob to clasp it in both of his own hands. "I'm so glad. I'm eighteen now, Judai-San, so I came here after I found out where you lived."