001.

CHAPTER ONE
MERMAIDS AND THE BEAST

"CEDRIC!" A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD RAVENCLAW BOY RAN TOWARDS THE HUFFLEPUFF PREFECT NEARLY TRIPPING OVER HIS ROBES WHILE DOING SO

When Cedric noticed it was his best friend Wade Wilder, he let out breath of relief.
He felt suffocated at the moment by his other friends in Hufflepuff and his adoring fans, of course he loved the support he was receiving from everyone and his fellow Hufflepuffs stating 'you are bringing a new name to this house' but he didn't like how they turned cruel towards the other champions Especially Harry Potter. He also couldn't remember a time when he was alone all week.

"Wade" his pearly toothed smile making a Slytherin girl swoon nearby.

There was something about Wade that put Cedric on ease and yet on edge. His ramblings almost sounded like a mad scientist whenever he talked about magic and how much he knew and he knew a lot. His wicked smile that could put a few Slytherins and Gryffindors to shame. However the part that put him at ease, he wasn't sure what it was, The Hufflepuff took in the young boys appearance as he drew closer towards him.

It could've been his cool blue eyes that were reassuring him as he talked and lit up with every fact he blurted out, his bouncing caramel curls that sat perfect on top of his head or his lanky legs that remained him of a new baby thestral learning to walk. He certainly hasn't grown into his body yet or maybe that he wasn't perfect at everything like Quidditch or even talking normally.

The Ravenclaw let out a series of huffs and puffs trying to regain his breath, he just ran all the way from the library to Cedric, to say he was exhausted was an understatement

"I've figured it out-"

Cedric furrowed his eyebrows unsure what the Ravenclaw boy was huffing and puffing about "what about?" He asked.

Wade rolled his eyes and pointed to the golden egg that was glittering in his large brown satchel bag, he had been carrying it since he had gotten it hoping to figure it out.

"The egg" the Ravenclaw said.

It was now simple now that Wade thought about it. it had taken a few hours about maybe the frequency of the sound from the egg sounded different in another environment, and he was right it would sound different underwater. Wade remember how voices sounded different underwater almost distorted and how the frequency just didn't work, but the screeching noise from the egg was entirely different, maybe it sounded different like when speaking underwater.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Cedric's guilty expression, he didn't know why his eyes read awkwardness or guilt so Wade was quite confused.
Cedric was smart and all but not that smart.