I Didn't Know (Part 2)

There had always been a connection between Paul and John; long before they had discovered their feelings, and long before fame and success took a place in their lives. Ever sinc the beginning of Lennon-McCartney there was something much stronger than friendship. And now that they had found it, and gone through with it for a year now, the reality and the cons of their relationship were appearing again.

John looked at Paul, eyes wide, mouth speechless. Paul looked at John with tenderness and concern. He suddenly realized he had said it. It was too soon, and he knew it. Paul covered his face and turned away, regretting the words that had spilled out of his mouth. Come on, you mush of a brain up there. Help me think about what I say once in a while, he thought. Surely, John wanted nothing to do with a family. Not now, anyway. They wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. They couldn't have children. The media would immediately question the sudden appearance of any child if they went through adoption.

No one spoke. In fact, everyone was really too surprised to utter a word. Paul began to realize the uncomfortable change of atmosphere that ad occurred, and he wanted to apologize and disappear.

"Sorry, I'm sorry. I'll just..." Paul stood up and ran into his new house. He could hear John yell "Wait!" as he scurried up to his new room, where he secured the door lock and sat on his bed, feeling embarrassed.

The lads remain outside. George glanced at Ringo and raised his eyebrows, but never dared say a word. They both looked at John, who had his gaze in the direction Paul ran off too still, mumbling something under his breath.

John didn't know what to think. Paul and him, that was his family (as we're Cyn, Julian, and Mimi, of course). He hadn't thought about more. That would mean children. Surely, that's what Paul had meant. John felt his heart shatter. Children? He couldn't give him that. He hadn't even began to think of the idea. John looked down at the grass, before standing up. He glanced at George and Ringo, whom were watching his every move.

"I'm gonna go talk to him..." John said, almost whispering. George nodded, and Ringo mumbled an "okay". John looked up to his destination, and proceeded on.

George and Ringo were left in silence outside. Neither had said a word to each other in a while. Ringo glanced up at George.

"I don't think Paul's completely crazy for having such a thought, you know," Ringo said, quickly stood up, heading into the house. George stood up quickly after, walking behind Ringo, still not saying a word. He was under his own shock now.

Once inside, George gently put his hand on Ringo's shoulder, motioning him to turn around and face him. Ringo stopped and turned, his soft blue eyes looking at George now. George studied Ringo's face. What is he thinking?

"I don't, George. I don't think Paul is absolutely out of his mind for wanting to be part of a family." Ringo looked down at his feet, stuffing his hands in his coat pocket. George smiled, and put a hand gently on Ringo's cheeks, which were flushed red by now.

"It's okay," George said, realizing that Ringo was having similar thoughts as Paul. He didn't blame him, but they were almost outrageous ideas to him (he dare not say this to Ringo, or Paul).

"Okay." Ringo said, and sat on the floor. George smiled, shaking his head. He sat down next to Ringo, taking his hand.

"We can talk about if you'd like."

John knocked on the door after his attempt to open the locked door had failed.

"Paul?"

There was silence. John sighed, and knocked on the door again.

"Paulie? Open the door for us, will ya Macca?" John twisted the knob again, but to no avail. He heard a soft sigh from the other side, and shuffling of feet. John stepped back from the door, awaiting it's opening. The door opened slowly, and soon revealed Paul, who looked rather vulnerable and weak. John widened his eyes at the sight, and quickly wrapped his arms around Paul.