Chapter 3: encounter!

Zay & Malik Mm

Zay P.O.V.

Haven't seen him in awhile, gosh he's grown!! I wonder how he's been and he still looks the same as I remember.. Wow!!

➖➖➖➖➖

Malik P.O.V.

Zay in the flesh, he's changed some, and he still looks the same. But, it's just something about him that makes him mature.. I wonder??
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

" wassup bruh?" Malik said, as he dropped his bags and hugged Zay, tight.

" hey, bro.. You're crushing me!" Zay muffled against Malik's chest.

" my bad bro, but it's been awhile" Malik said smiling.

" yes it has man, I thought you were going to University of Georgia, and playing for them?!" Zay asked, smiling looking at Malik up and down.

" I was but I just needed something new, you know?" Malik said.

" yeah but, you had a full ride there and you wouldn't have to worry about anything" Zay explained folding his arms.

Malik kissed his teeth smirking.

" haha, I know bruh but I just got tired of living for others!" Malik said.

" what you mean?" Zay asked, curiousity in his tone of voice.

The students were moving and Zay and Malik picked up their bags moving out the way for the students.

" well, to be honest it was fun doing football in high school but, that wasn't what I wanted to do, my father and my big brother wanted me to follow in their footsteps they wanted to get scouted and hopefully get into the NFL.. Long story don't ask. " Malik explained, noticing Zay wanted to know the backstory more.

" so, if not football then what is it that you want to do?" Zay asked, smirking.

" well, this may sound dumb to you, me being an athlete at heart I really want to major in art." Malik confessed, laughing.

" that's not dumb to me, I think it's cool!" Zay smiled .

" thanks bruh, I knew you were always the one to support me!" Malik said.

" true!" Zay laughed. He was intrigued by their conversation, he and Malik moved outside and found a nice grassy place to sit and talk.

Malik looked at Zay noticing how he grew. Zay was 6'1, athletic built and slender. His eyes were brown Malik on the other hand was muscular built. He stood at 6'3. Malik's eyes shined like gold.

" not trying to sound gay or anything but you have some nice eyes" Zay said, as he smiled.

" I appreciate it!" Malik said, smiling.

The campus ambassadors called the group of students over for an announcement. It was a young lady she was brown skinned standing at 5'9", had short hair.

" Attention!, the next step is to move into your dorms, when your name is called get your key, and one of us will show you to your dorm room, some of you may be sharing, others may be single bed room. So, listen up!" The campus ambassador shouted. As, the ambassadors was calling names, Zay and Malik went back to their conversation.

" so what's your major?" Malik questioned.

" it's dance and minor is Vocal" Zay said.

" that's what's up, bruh ain't no shame in that!" Malik said, smirking.

" what you mean ain't no shame in that?" Zay questioned, his face was hardened a bit.

" I'm just saying that I can't dance like you can, so that's why I said that!" Malik said.

" right!" Zay said, smiling at Malik's sarcastic comment.

The ambassadors kept going down the list.

" how's your mom, doing? I miss her cooking?" Malik asked, licking his lips playfully.

" she's good, she has a book club now, she's reading some book now, called Sister's journey.. Or something!" Zay said, licking his lips too.

" that's what's up... Can you cook?" Malik asked.

" what kind of question is that you know I can cook, you would always come over when I helped my mom cook" Zay said, looking at Malik surprised.

" yeah , haha!" Malik said.

The ambassador was still going down the list until she got to Malik and Zay's name. Malik and Zay took their keys, and looked at the numbers.

" hmm.. 248!, what's yours?" Zay asked, Malik with curiosity .

" mine is 249!" Malik said.

" it looks like we are neighbors like old times!" Zay said, laughing.

" you right!" Malik said, laughing as well.

Malik and Zay was shown their dorm room. They looked inside and they noticed a bathroom was Inbetween their two rooms, there was a room across from Zay's.

" Cool!" Malik said.

" cool is right, but look just to let you know, I'm a clean person so if I catch something out of place or that is trash, I'm throwing it away, just letting you know!" Zay said, laying down the rules already.

" damn, alright Sargent!" Malik teased.

" shush!" Zay said, as he got settled in.

" but I gotcha bro I'm clean, so you don't have anything to worry about!" Malik said, as he went across to his room.

Zay, looked at Malik and was just fascinated and a bit curious at how Malik has grown and how he hasn't changed. Malik looked at him and Zay went back to him getting his stuff out. Zay looked back for a quick second and Malik caught him.

" you good?" Malik said, smiling.

" yeah I'm good" Zay said, smiling. He just was amused at how his high school friend was cute and just was grown- looking.