♕ | ZERO

CHAPTER ZERO
SUBWAY ISSUES

   The plastic seat of the subway cart felt sticky against her bare thighs, the ones barely covered by the skirt of her miniature black dress. It was only her and two other guys in the cart, considering the fact that it was three in the morning, making the sound of the subway moving the only one filling the air.

One of the guys looked as if he was playing a role in the life of a twenty something year old going through a mid-life crisis. His black hoodie was zipped up all the way in a way that made him look like he was hiding something and his cold blue eyes were adorned by puffy bags resting under — that was Elliot Alderson.

Meanwhile, guy number two was sitting across from her and eyeing in a way that was well-known to her by now. His eyes glanced over at guy number one every so often, to see if he was paying attention to him and the girl. When his hopes were confirmed, he stood from his seat and crossed over to where the girl was seated.

"Where's a pretty little thing like you headed to at three in the morning?" His drunken sly attempt at getting with her caused disgust to course through her veins.

Inching away from his new seat next to her, she wrinkled her nose at him before shaking her head, loose waves falling from her messy bun. "Home." Jane curtly replied, silently pulling down the skirt of her dress under his gaze.

Two seats over, Elliot's ears perked up at the sound of a situation arising; mentally debating whether he should intervene or get off on the next stop and pretend he didn't see anything. The latter seemed better for him but when the subway stopped, he quietly watched as the doors opened and closed in front of him.

His eyes watched as the girl stiffened under the man's touch, his sleazy hand now resting on the girl's skin. Stuffing his hands deeper into the space of his pockets, his mind grew conflicted as he thought of what to do.

Step in and claim to know the girl? No, that'd seem too out there, especially since he hadn't talked to the girl the whole ride. Step in and fight the guy? Too out of his comfort zone.

"I said stop."

The loud angry tone of her voice made him look up and put his thoughts to the side while he looked over at the pair. It felt as if there was a shift in the air, the man's face was contoured into a look of confusion while anger flashed over the girl's soft facial features.

In less than a split second, the man's face switched to one of fear as he glanced down at his hand. He let out a blood curling scream and quickly removed it from the girl's leg, revealing crisped burnt skin while Elliot watched in both awe and fear.

"You psychotic bitch!" The man spat, venom lacing his every word. As soon as the subway doors opened, he sprinted out of the cart and left the two sitting there while he clutched onto his now injured hand.

The air was still between Elliot and Jane while he tried to make sense of the situation, coming short of an explanation each time. Taking in a deep breath, she folded her hands over her lap and shamefully glanced down at them.

Waves of self-hatred clashed against each other in her head while she scrutinized the details of what just happened. She was supposed to keep that under control after what happened six months ago, yet she slipped up all because of some drunken pervert.

"What the hell did you do that man?" Elliot finally speaking up for the first time in the whole ride ripped her from her self-loathing thoughts.

Looking up with her mouth slightly agape and jade green eyes silently pleading for him to forget what she saw, she slowly shook her head at him.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Her voice was soft, so delicate compared to what she did to that intoxicated man. Tucking a loose strand of black hair behind her ear, she flashed him a sad smile. "I'm sorry."

"Hold on." Elliot hoarsely called when he saw her shuffle out the doors on the next stop, slightly straightening up in his seat. Though, he was too late. By the time he had decided to actually take action, she was already out the doors.

So instead, he glanced over at where her black bag took her spot.

all the other chapters will most likely be in Elliot's pov but I'm not sure which would you guys prefer. 💆🏽