Chapter 3

The treetops below was a blur of green as Daring Do flew. She would occasionally slow down to look at the map in her saddlebag, then would put it back and speed up again. The route she was following had been marked as a recommendation, and had even included a detailed list of the weather forecast for the next two months. Lucky for her Fireheart knew the weather just as well as a Pegasus.
     Daring dropped down next to a stream to get a drink and rest for a minute. She sighed and laid down, then looked at the map again. If she was reading it right, and she was for most of the time, she would be at the ruins in three to four days. Plenty of time between then and the end of the month.
     After a while Daring stood up and started walking, staying in the shade of the trees. The sun was high in the sky, and she wanted to stay as cool as she could. For the first few minutes the only sound was her hoofsteps and the natural foresty sounds, but then she heard a slight rustle of leaves, followed by another set of muffled hoofsteps. Somepony was following her.
     Daring kept on walking, not making it obvious that she heard the other pony, and quickly thought out a plan. More like a trap.
     Daring sat down and took off her hat, then waited for her follower to get closer before leaping at the mysterious pony.  Caught off-guard, the other pony fell under Daring and couldn't get away fast enough before Daring pinned them against the ground.
     Just as Daring Do was about to start interrogating the other pony, she saw the rainbow mane and tail, then sighed and shook her head, "Of all the ponies in Equestria, you should know better than to sneak up on me Rainbow Dash."